Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shell to Sea versus the Gardaí

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yeah Disband the Gardaí !

Do you like to make things up?
    They're not accountable, they do what they like,theres never a tribunal,theres no inspectorate being set up.
    People at large are telling their T.D's they're not happy with them,they only serve one community.

Think outside of the box
    SF will never join the Gardaí board as the people of Moyross won't accept their juridiction...

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

Why are you bringing SF into the thread?

I actually laughed at that post.
    ADIG-I think what RC is getting at is your use of the term state forces is rather like a Republican term for the RUC or PSNI.

Why can't you use the term Gardaí rather than do what looks like stigmatise them as some sort of júnta's brigade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Fine sentiment regarding the accountability of state forces & Joe Public. Unfortunately, I think the reality is totally different wrt state forces.

Thanks, and I'd agree with you....the reality isn't what I'm describing. What I'm describing is what I'd expect from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Tristrame wrote:
    I actually laughed at that post.
    ADIG-I think what RC is getting at is your use of the term state forces is rather like a Republican term for the RUC or PSNI.

Why can't you use the term Gardaí rather than do what looks like stigmatise them as some sort of júnta's brigade ?

I was not confining state forces to just the Gardai. I was talking internationally following on from the post from bonkey regarding Israel/Palestinians. Slightly OT I suppose.

Advertisement