Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first build?? advise please..

Options
  • 10-11-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

ive had to change my mind in what computer id be getting after the christmas as i dont think ive got into the fas course i wanted and now have to wait till may to do it..but when that comes ill definetly be upgrading some hardware but from january to may ill have to stick with this..now i wont have the money i was expecting..so ive tryed to make up a mid range pc out of the money i will have..which is around 1300-1400 euro..heres a list ive made up on komplett..im not sure whether to get this card or a 1950xt radeon card..and was also just wondering is every thing compatible and there is enough power in that 450w psu..and will it be able to play games at high settings?? thanks:(

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=399839&su=86EC4967-190F-44F1-9421-7615286ADDE5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Everything looks fine the 450W should be okay for a 7950GT.

In terms of value the 7950GT is a better buy you would be paying a lot more for an X1950XT card. You will be able to play all games at high settings with the 7950GT with that setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

is the sapphire radeon x1950xt not 275 euro as well i tought i saw that..

thanks for the feedback mate.. :D

there wont be any issues with over heating will there seen as im kinda going budget with the case and psu..and also the cards have dvi connections and the monitor vga what will i do there is there an adapter or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

No there should not be any heat issues the stock coolers are fine. The card should come with a DVI adapter but if you are feeling unsure you can always buy one just in case.

yeah ill probably buy them..thanks again mate..

• Advertisement
Advertisement