Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 Studying Midwifery?

Options
  • 10-11-2006 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Guys,
    Anybody studying midwifery?
    What ya think about it? Is there much time spent in the Hospital/clinics?
    Cheers
    C.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Becci

hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hi,

I am a 1st year Midwifery student. Our first semester is over - we had 7 weeks of theory in college, followed by a 6 week placement in maternity hospital, either in labour ward, ante-natal ward, post-natal ward and ante-natal clinic. Generally, you had 2 weeks in 1 and the other 4 weeks in another (I had 2 labour and 4 post-natal). We are back to college on January 21st, where we will be doing 6 weeks college, followed by 5 weeks placement in hospital (either Cavan General or Our Lady Of Lourdes in Drogheda), then exams! Time flies!

Let me know if ye have any other questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

can you go into general nursing and switch to midwifery? i really want to do it but not sure i will get the points, however the points for general nursing are lower

Advertisement