Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition C on a firearms cert

Options
  • 10-11-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

DSC00373.jpg

The ammo limit falls under condtion C on the firearms cert as far as i can tell but my licence is subject to conditions none so i can buy an unlimited number of rounds.

I know people think the ammo limit is not under that condition you can see underneath that is says holder being a member of a gun club im not or didnt say i was a member of a gun club so this would lead me to presume that the ammo limit along with the member of a gun club falls under condition C and i can hold as many rounds as i want

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Thing is, if you go by that, then your certificate is not valid because the "Issued at" and "This certificate is valid until" lines would also be part of condition C and since none of those conditions (A,B or C) apply...

As I understand it from talking to a few Gardai, the certificate is interpreted so that the conditions end with condition C where it reads "...on lands at . " (plus whatever text is written in there by the superintendent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sparks wrote:
    As I understand it from talking to a few Gardai, the certificate is interpreted so that the conditions end with condition C where it reads "...on lands at . " (plus whatever text is written in there by the superintendent).
    That's what I've been told too.
    Let's hope that these wondrous three year licences will be worded more clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Suppose it can be inturpred different ways the way i see it is

CONDITION C:
    The firearm.......
    .......on lands at: ________________________
    and to purchase cartridges.......
    ..... more than 100 cartridges or rounds of ammunition thereof.

That full stop being the first fullstop in condition c
    also the part about ammo limit starts with "and" which to me would imply that it belongs to the previous statement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Rovi wrote:
    That's what I've been told too.
    Let's hope that these wondrous three year licences will be worded more clearly.

hasn't FLAG or rrpc posted here saying that the limit will be increased to 500 standard on the new licenses

500 is a much more reasonable number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

actually im wrong if you look closely it reads "on lands at: ." so the bit about ammo limit is part of the original sentence "Subject to ....."

Correct reading as far as i can see is

who is hereby.....
    .... Subject to condtions NONE below: (condtions listed) and to purchase cartridges or rounds of ammunition thereof, .........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

actually im wrong if you look closely it reads "on lands at: ."
    Dammit!
    I was putting together a nice pedantic post pointing this out, complete with picture ;)

Here it is anyway-
    licencefullstopot5.jpg

It still reads incorrectly to my mind, and I'm really hoping that this sort of thing is cleared up in the new licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

We've gone through this before.

It's a terribly formatted document, but condition C stops at "Lands at_____." Everything after that applies generally.

Advertisement