Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FOrd focus timing belt 55k 01

Options
  • 10-11-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

When does a timing belt need to be change on a ford focus with 55K on the clock.
    Its an 2001 model?
    Any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

hannable80 wrote:
    When does a timing belt need to be change on a ford focus with 55K on the clock.
    Its an 2001 model?
    Any ideas
    100'000 miles or 10 years for petrol not sure about diesel;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

is there a gaurantie with parts !?or is it some bull that he was giving me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ford should guarantee the belt (chain in this case maybe?) to the specified mileage/age, as long as you keep the car properly serviced. So if it breaks before its due for replacement and you've been looking after the car they should cover the cost of replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

"Ford will guarentee the damage done if the belt snaps but not if it fails due to a tensioner"

Thats what Ford Ireland said....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

want2play wrote:
    "Ford will guarentee the damage done if the belt snaps but not if it fails due to a tensioner"

Thats what Ford Ireland said....

Indeed.

I am getting my Focus done pretty soon (03, 70k up). 100k is a lot for the tensioners. Both Abernethys and Cavanaghs suggested I should get it done before 80k. Mine is a diesel, but still due at 100k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

All the Zetec engines don't have to change the belts for 100k miles as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I heard same about Ford guaranteeing any damage up to 100k miles if belt snaps. Its fantastic service. Wish Alfa would have done the same with the 156....

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

My brother worked as a mechanic for ford until recently. The guys above are correct in saying that Ford will guarantee the belt upto 100,000 miles as that is the proper service interval for it.but he has seen a number of them go around 65,000 . My 99 focus is at 58,000 and he reckons do it at sixty. I'ts not worth the hassle if it does go . even if ford cover it.

Advertisement