Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Problems!

• 10-11-2006 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys!

basically been having problems with meteor since july when my contract expired. My bank statement arrived then and i noticed something odd... despite having paid a €200 euro prepayment (i was a student at the time), i was still having my monthly bills taken from my account. This, and them giving me a new number that already existed on an o2 account (only difference was the prefix.. turned out to be a 12 year old who pranked my mates constantly as texts meant for me were going to him!) persuaded me to run as far away from meteor as possible, ending up with o2:)

I was assured when i signed up that my bills would be taken off this credit amount after 6 months and this proved not to be the case. Needless to say i went into them several times complaining about this; their first reaction was to deny i had ever paid it and sent me off to find the contract i signed! After about 4 or 5 visits to them they told me i would have to cancel my contract by sending them a letter detailing my reasons. The contract was cancelled but i have still not seen a penny of the €200! i went back into the store and was told that i would have to ring customer care again as they were the only ones who could get this for me! surely this is rubbish and the guy was just trying to get rid of me.. cant see how they couldnt have done it from the shop!

anyone had anything similar to this happen or was i just the unlucky one?? seems very convenient for them to 'forget' i had made a 200 prepayment! and has anyone any idea of what to do... at this stage all i can think of is going back in and screaming the place down demanding it to be sorted today!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They can't do it in a Meteor store. Ring 1905 and ask for Credit Control. They deal with that. Do you have proof you've paid it though? It should have come off your 6th bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the shop sells the phones. they don't deal with things like this. you'll have to ring 1905 unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Are you sure it wasn't an advance payment (as oppose to a deposit) in which case it would have gone against the first bill you got after making it payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FranktheTank

cheers for the replies lads, i just thought they could have phoned credit control from the shop then and there to get it sorted finally..ill just have to get onto ringing them (again) now!

Chrislad - Yea i have proof i paid it. Ive been onto them so many times and they know i have the proof but seem to be dragging it out as long as possible.

Slice - No it wasnt an adavnce payment, im sure of that. they have accepted that they didnt have the prepayment on the system and but for the fact that i noticed it, they wouldnt have realised. they have also agreed (a while ago now!) to send me out a cheque with the amount in it ... but still no sign of that! guess ill just have to keep plugging away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

FrankTheTank, do you have the contract you signed. Any prepayment, deposit etc .,. would have been recorded on the contract. That alone would be proof enough. Make a copy, and post it to credit control or if the facilities are available, fax it through. If you had the receipt of your payment and the record of your first bill, send them through to customer care too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement