Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx coming to Cork?

Options
  • 10-11-2006 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Is there one?

They always have such random and bizarre stuff in the toy section, I picked up some Red Dwarf miniatures and a Megaman model kit a while back in the one in Limerick...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

word on the grapevine, (possibly archiseek) is that tkmaxx will be going into wilton shopping centre at some point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

WTF is a tkmaxx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

imjustoolazytousedoublespaceandcapsbutton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

dahamsta wrote:
    WTF is a tkmaxx?

It's a discount designer/name brand clothing retailer. They also have housewears and accessories. A TK Maxx would be most excellent...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

It's a discount designer/name brand clothing retailer. They also have housewears and accessories. A TK Maxx would be most excellent...
    The one in Limerick is full off crap most of the time - you would really want to know when they get a delivery so you can get some of the good stuff.You will find the odd super bargain but most of it is normally priced down a tenner and are of obscure sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i go to the one in tralee every few months, i have got miss sixty jeans for €30
    an animal top, french connection top, a quik silver top, gold digga top and a bench top and they were all about €20 each.

You really do have to be in the mood for it though, as it can be full of crap and you really have to search for the good stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

word on the grapevine, (possibly archiseek) is that tkmaxx will be going into wilton shopping centre at some point
    and i heard it was going to mahon, by B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You can get some really cool random stuff if you don't mind that 90% of the stuff there is crap. Got a big framed print of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon poster at the store in Limerick today for 20 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Oh TK Maxx drives me crazy. I really don't have the patience for that place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

ClareBear wrote:
    Oh TK Maxx drives me crazy. I really don't have the patience for that place!

what is tk maxx? I have never heard of em before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

trixter wrote:
    what is tk maxx? I have never heard of em before.
    It's a discount designer/name brand clothing retailer. They also have housewears and accessories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 supergirl123

tk maxx is a store that provides us fashion concious with the best brand name and designer clothes for up to 60% off the rrp. we receive deliveries daily and for up to 3 months before christmas twice daily.

true, you have to search for the best bargains but that makes it more fun!

provisional date for new store opening in blanchardstown, dublin may 10th 2007.

2 floors jam packed with amazing bargains!!!!!

plus, it it true tk maxx will open in cork

tk maxx employee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

tk maxx is a store that provides us fashion concious with the best brand name and designer clothes for up to 60% off the rrp.

What I find odd about this, and maybe that is just me, but there is a store chain in america called 'TJ MAXX' and has the same sales mantra. I now wonder if they are related, it is just one letter difference, although a somewhat important letter.

Maybe the TK/TJ part is the initials of the principles and there is one different principle (originally anyway) between here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

trixter wrote: »
    What I find odd about this, and maybe that is just me, but there is a store chain in america called 'TJ MAXX' and has the same sales mantra. I now wonder if they are related, it is just one letter difference, although a somewhat important letter.

Maybe the TK/TJ part is the initials of the principles and there is one different principle (originally anyway) between here and there.
    they're the same company, just the name was changed for some reaosn that i cant remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

They're going into the new shopping centre opposite the Bodega aren't they.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    They're going into the new shopping centre opposite the Bodega aren't they.....?

Saw a sign for them outside that development or the O Callaghan one on patrick st yesterday - can't remember which

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That's what I heard too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

TK Maxx will open its doors in the Cornmarket Centre in late August 2008.

TK Maxx could, at best, be described as an expensive jumble sale; at worst, a sh*thole. We'd be far better off without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭the_follwer

i bought a lovely teddy bear for my son and two glass candle sticks in tk maxx in england. most of it is crap but you can get some kick ass shoes and tshirts. i think it will be a good place to shop once its up and runnin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

TK Maxx will open its doors in the Cornmarket Centre in late August 2008.

TK Maxx could, at best, be described as an expensive jumble sale; at worst, a sh*thole. We'd be far better off without it.

Sounds perfect for Cork ;) Twill get us through the ole recession!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

They had a recruitment ad in the Examiner there the other day.....10% staff discount lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

It's going to be in there behind Game on pana. Next to darcys hair dressers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

We'd be far better off without it.

No we wouldn't. It's a good addition to the city for people who like clothes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Opening date: August 21st

is that whole new cornmarket place going to be finished by then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thats what i thought also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Their name is on the sign for cornmarket street centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Very poorly laid out, imo.

Advertisement