Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on new build

• 10-11-2006 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=399918&su=E154ACDF-0DCE-4044-927D-BC30587DF87D

Think that looks okay?

questions...

to wait for vista or not???

to wait for dx10 cards or not.. I mean how long will it be before they drop in price to something resonable...

any ideas on the case?? dont want lights or dozens of fans.. just screwless easy to open and good room ( to let me add a quieter fan in future if i need it )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

You can get that psu in pc world for 99euro everything else look fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Any advice on the OS?

I could go with ubuntu or red hat okay.. but prob want windows for games
    just wondering if any point getting xp when vista is just two months away

got reply from komplett about the vista coupons saying if you bought xp and sent them your order number they give you r a coupon for discounted upgrade to vista, they'll have details on the site next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I dont see vista as that big of a deal yet. I would do that with komplett though as it would be handy for discounted vista. But it will be buggy and will have problems with the first release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It's a tough call on the Vista decision. Last I heard it was delayed until early next year. Even then you have to wonder and worry about the usual run of security scares and compatibility problems that arise in the early stages. As for DX10 - I'd by something cheap like a 7600/7800 to tide you over until the cards come down in price (maybe 6 months?). Like Vista, I would assume there is going to be a period in the early sages where the problems outweigh the gains.

:::Edit:::

As for the case, I think that it's an excessive amount to pay if you are really only looking for a shell. Why not go for one of the cheaper Antec cases etc and save yourself €30.

Advertisement