Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browned off

Options
  • 10-11-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭

Last night cycling home to Rush from work in town I cycled over a huge divot on the hard shoulder of the N1 and the front tyre on my brand new racing bike (only had it for 2 weeks) burst from the impact. Some of the edgings on the roads leading into lusk and Rush village are also a joke with them not only being so narrow with no cycle lanes that you have practically little room between you and the cars but also the potholes and divots etc. The roads are more suitable for tractors or 4 by 4 off road vehicles. Would I be wasting my time complaining to the local TDs in North County Dublin to do something about it and give more consideration to us few folk who prefare to cycle to work from these areas rather they take our car/public transport etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As with anything I think its worth shouting about it, the gov should be promoting other forms of transport as its greener.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

billyhead wrote:
    Last night cycling home to Rush from work in town I cycled over a huge divot on the hard shoulder of the N1 and the front tyre on my brand new racing bike (only had it for 2 weeks) burst from the impact. .... Would I be wasting my time complaining to the local TDs in North County Dublin to do something about it
    Probably no harm in contacting a TD. They'll be rather enthusiastic with the election looming.
    Also contact the Transportation department in Fingal County Council to ask them to fix divots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

A former local authority engineer who burst his car tyre on a huge pothole recently told me he was putting in a claim to the local authority for the cost of the tyre, as these claims were routinely paid out by local authorities.

You might find that you're the first cyclist to try such a claim, but it's worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There have been reports on other threads of people successfully getting money for repairs out of the council for this sort of thing.

Advertisement