Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Backing up DVDs

• 10-11-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Apologies in advance to the Mods if this query is out of order.

I'm trying to make a 'backup' a of newly purchased DVD, in case the original gets damaged.
    When I look for the main title on the disc it is not visible.
    Has any other forum user encountered this problem before and if so can it be overcome?

Thanks in advance.

Fazer6.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭verbatim

We dont have fair use laws like the USA does in this country afaik. Thus making a copy, even for personal use, would be illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

verbatim wrote:
    We dont have fair use laws like the USA does in this country afaik. Thus making a copy, even for personal use, would be illegal.

I thought it was the other way around, where in the usa one can't use or host any software that can circumvent copyprotection

Some newer dvd's might be difficult to backup, dvdshrink is a good program for backups of dvd's

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Thanks for the replies.

Dvdshrink was what I was using, no joy there.

Fazer6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

This may be better with sony ARccOS discs, havn't tried it myself
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDFab_Decrypter

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Sorted.

Thanks to everyone.

Fazer6.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement