Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Smart

Options
  • 10-11-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Folks,
    Can you give me some advice - I had Smart Broadband through my telephone line and never really used the telephone service. What should I do now - I would like to continue my smart broadband but who has taken over the telephone service and will I now be charged line rental?
    Thanks
    L

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you are still with smart for calls if the BB is still working .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Louise77 wrote:
    Folks,
    Can you give me some advice - I had Smart Broadband through my telephone line and never really used the telephone service. What should I do now - I would like to continue my smart broadband but who has taken over the telephone service and will I now be charged line rental?
    Thanks
    L

If you had broadband then nothing has changed (bar the free three meg upgrade). It's only the phone only service people who had to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Unless you were unfortunate enough to have some liar of an eircom salesperson come to your house and persuade you that indeed you were affected and you would have to change to eircom. Otherwise, you're grand. Keeping enjoying the superior product you have. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As stated above, you have nothing to worry about; you are part of the one group of customers that was not affected.

Unfortunately, eircom's ads "overlooked" this fact and ComReg were no help either until it was complained about, at which stage (too late) they included the fact in their ads.

Even now (and I'd love to hear what the non-conspiracy theorists have to say on this) the relevant update on the www.askcomreg.ie website has a paragraph at the top notifying "ALL PREVIOUS SMART TELECOM VOICE CUSTOMERS", then LOADS of unnecessary whitespace, THEN an ad for their phone providers (which no-longer includes Smart); THEN an ad for callcosts.ie; THEN details of how to switch providers and THEN (AND ONLY THEN) "*[THIS NOTICE DOES NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ON SMART’S COMBINED VOICE & BROADBAND PACKAGE]"

If this was highlighted at the bottom of the page, fair enough, but it's not, as there's more content afterwards...

So why the whitespace, and why put the ads before the remainder of the relevant information ?

Advertisement