Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This pc for 1k?

Options
  • 10-11-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone thinks I could get a better PC for the price - this is one of the offers on Dell's outlet store:

Pentium D 945 Dual Core Processor (3.40GHz, 800MHz, 2x2MBcache)
    Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
    Memory: 2048MB DDR2 533 [2*1024]
    Hard Disk Drive: 320GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
    Video: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7300LE TurboCache graphics card
    Modem: V.92 Modem Data/Fax/Voice PCI UK
    DVD Drive: 16 X DVD +/- RW
    Software: English - Microsoft Works 8
    Image Restore Utility
    MISC: Mouse Dell Wheel USB 2 Button Scroll Black
    Dell Quietkey Black Keyboard

The System Price is EUR 696.00

It doesnt seem bad for 700EUR and i could then spend 300 euros on a monitor

I'll be using the PC for gaming, and for semi-professional music recording. Would this computer run the most up-to-date games smoothly and be ok for fairly demanding music programs? Or could anybody recommend a better PC for 1k from komplett etc.?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Riteo - could I overclock that processor? Iv heard of a lot of people doing it and wanted to do it myself.

Also, could I just remove that graphics card from the PC, sell it off for whatever its worth and get a better one for about 200?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

yea sweet that looks good alrite -id have to spend about 100 on a case aswell tho. dont mind tho. i want to get the kanldalf case - my housemate has one and its massive and has loads of space for upgrades inside etc.

I mite just make do with an old CRT monitor for now, and buy a flatscreen in the Xmas sales - Id be buying the PC around xmas, so id say id be best to hang off til after Xmas yea? would there be good bargains going around that time wud u say?

Advertisement