Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football

• 10-11-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

I watched the entire LSU and Tennessee game a few days back, and have to say the standard and excitement were excellent. Also, I couldn't get my head around the fact that there were 100,000 people at the game! I've never big into American Football, I've seen a few Superbowls and been to a CFL game in the Toronto Skydome, so I've no idea how the college football system works. Anyone care to explain? I get the rule differences but the structure isn't entirely clear.

From Wikipedia I gather it is split into divisions and conferences, but I don't get the hierarchy etc... Which divisions are higher? Do conference winning teams go into a divisional series etc?

Cheers for any info. Much appreciated as Setanta are showing a fair few games these days (two on Saturday night and two on Monday night).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

USC Trojans play cross-town rivals UCLA Bruins Saturday, 2 December, in the Pasadena Rose Bowl. This is an annual grudge game and may be worth watching? If USC wins, they will go to their 4th consecutive national title championship game (two of which they have already won). Many underestimate the Bruins, and they are now doing some tall talking that they would like to deprive rival USC of their chance to go for the national title.

Advertisement