Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZyXEL 600 series and no DSL LCD

Options
  • 10-11-2006 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Just got my BT Zyxel 600 series router today. managed to get going . Connected second computer with wireless belkin usb- signal strength was low so followed instructions and tried to change radio frequency on router except couldn't get accessto router 192.168.1.1 Reset router with reset button - Now have no broadband- router dsl LCD not lighting - could this be a hardware problem ? tried plugging router directly to main phone socket- still no joy! Any help appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it should blink as it searches for a signal and go steady when locked in , no blink = fault

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

hi have same broadband might just be connecyion mines bad lights go off for a while every so often i just power it off the router and try it again its painfull but that all that seems to work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Seems to me that reset of router was the problem. Was enjoying the 15minutes of internet speed 's old dial up (Even seemed to be faster than my connection in Dublin City University) and now I had to reconnect iol dial up. I came across the brand Zyxel and thought it was ok. Someone told me that really NETgear was the Bees Knees! Anyone got view on this ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dak wrote:
    Just got my BT Zyxel 600 series router today. managed to get going . Connected second computer with wireless belkin usb- signal strength was low so followed instructions and tried to change radio frequency on router except couldn't get accessto router 192.168.1.1 Reset router with reset button - Now have no broadband- router dsl LCD not lighting - could this be a hardware problem ? tried plugging router directly to main phone socket- still no joy! Any help appreciated

Did you re-enter the various settings after you did the reset?
    Username:
    Password:
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

The username and password will be supplied by BT

Didn't get any option 2 enter anything- just seemed like router died a death when it came to the DSL LCD after reset ! I sid try pluging router on own with diff filters into main tel socket but no joy! REM not a problem as only have 2 connections !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dak wrote:
    Didn't get any option 2 enter anything- just seemed like router died a death when it came to the DSL LCD after reset ! I sid try pluging router on own with diff filters into main tel socket but no joy! REM not a problem as only have 2 connections !

Its not an option that you get its something you have to do!!!

Usually when you reset a router it reverts totally to factory settings - so you will probably have to go back into the set up page - http://192.168.1.1 (which you say you have difficulties with anyways!) and enter the settings I have given you above - unless these are entered you will not get onto the bt network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dub, he's not getting a DSL light (not even flashing) on the modem so re-entering the log on details won't be any use. He has no sync.
    Sounds to me like a faulty modem or a line problem. OP, try borrow a BB modem from a friend. Plug it in and see if the DSL light comes on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dude .

buy the €25 eircom BB starter box in pc world and plug it in at home, if the dsl light comes on its the zyxel. It will at least BLINK as it tries to synch .

then all you need to do is enter your BT usernane and password as per these instruction here and it will work fine instead of the zyxel.

Problem solved - Threw Zyxel out and got Netgear range max instead . Life is too short for dealing with BT customer service! Thanks for your help!

Advertisement