Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom McGurk gets 0wned by Andre Previn!

• 10-11-2006 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Ha! Real Audio linky FF to 29 min 30 seconds.

McGurk managed to turn what should have been a five minute filler into a classic case of 'over-reach'.

Musical??????????? Heh! Tom you don't have a clue what you are talking about :D

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Car-crash!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Saw Tom on the TV today, god he looked wrecked!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Proberly still recovering from Friday!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Have to say Previn came across to me as a pretentious git in that interview.

fair play to McGuirk for not letting him bollock him around.

Previn thought he was talking to someone who knew what they were talking about.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Das Royatt..he thought McGuirk was a music journalist.

Still thought he came across as a frikken pratt though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I blame the Shows backroom staff, not telling Previn Tom was not a music journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Previn obviously wasn't aware of one of the biggest rules in radio, don't talk at the people talk to them, he chose to ignore the fact that as McGuirk stated the vast majority of listeners would be ignorant on the subject, Previn response seemed to be screw them, he wasn't going to talk about glorious Opera to our great unwashed masses.

Previn seemed to think that that the general public would be concerned that he would not be back in these parts for some time.The Bantam,for one, won't lose any "roost time" over that situation .

I would venture to suggest that there would be many more with that attitude.

To be honest I think the whole interview got derailed from the moment McGurk described the Opera as a musical. You could hear the air turn frosty.

Mike.

• Advertisement

They were like two cats meeting in a back garden. Tails up,hissing,ears back from the word go:D

Previn struck me as one pretentious dude though.. as the risk of repeating myself:D

Obviously his whole world revolves around music.

Advertisement