Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restoring her faith?

• 10-11-2006 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

My friend has gone through a turbulent couple of months when it comes to men. In the last 8 months, shes finished a long term relationship, been dumped by another guy and the third on Im not even gonna go into cause he was a tool. She is now starting to think there is something wrong with her.

The demise of the relationships, was not her fault, the long temer fizzled out and the other one is a case of suspected closeted gayness. How do I restore her faith in men? HOW? She even makes me feel depressed, and that not me at all!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I suggest you move to post to PI to get the best responses!

Otherwise people will tell you that there IS something wrong with her. which there is. ;) (just kiddin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

aw gee thanks..... how do I move it? I wasnt even awre such a forum existed.

wait it seems to already be here. Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH. Katykaboom, I think its better off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Thanks. Much obliged. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I don't think you can restore her faith in men. Its really up to her to find a nice guy who will.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Is she still grieving over the loss of the long relationship? That can affect her self confidence and how she presents herself to others? If so, she needs to get over him and move on. Sometimes just talking through the lost relationship with a close friend helps. Worth a try?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A lot of people need to try various different types of relationships with lots of different people before they find out what type they are looking for, what relationships work and don't work. Maybe she can't see the wood for the trees at the moment, but it's not just gonna be a magical forever love right away, because she needs to learn by doing, that some relationships will work and some are doomed to failure. But its fun before you find out which type it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

well, she did seem to enter into a relationship fairly quickly after the previous one ended. maybe she just needs a little space to herself and, most importantly, time away from the whole dating scene. if she is feeling low she will only attract the assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

She needs to abstain from men for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

H&#250 wrote: »
    I doubt that will help tbh... she needs to stop dating, etc... but she needs some nice male friends to be around...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Katykaboom wrote:
    In the last 8 months, shes finished a long term relationship, been dumped by another guy and the third on Im not even gonna go into cause he was a tool. She is now starting to think there is something wrong with her.

There is something wrong with her. She is a serial monogamist who is unable to support herself without a relationship. Probably v clingy in relationships and, as a result of the desperate need to feel needed, BF's treat her badly or dump her. You feed her notion that she is fine and dandy and the guys that were dating were bástards.

What you need to do is step back and point out to her that she is in the wrong if she thinks that going from one long termer into two other relationships in 8 months is anywhere near healthy. Thats what real mates do.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

H&#250 wrote: »
    I agree she needs to stay away from men for awhile even a long time

Advertisement