Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend Fixtures Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

**** it! David Pleat talking about Liverpool being very comfortable at the back and BANG.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Flamini scores. 1-0 :-( good teamplay from hleb fabrigas and flamini, usualy walk it in arsenal goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Gonzalez and Zenden have been absolutely AWFUL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Lovely Arsenal goal. They really are great to watch. More please!

bazzman wrote:
    cheers rebel, but i cant get any of them to work for some reason!!!

the second TVants one is workin anyway. if dont have it can get it here http://www.football4less.com/streams/tvants.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All my PPStream ones are locking up. Listening to live commentry on ATVO.

1-0 Half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

When I heard Sissoko got injured I said it could be a good thing in one way in that Gerrard would be in his perferred position and might see Liverpool at their best but no Rafa puts Zenden in the middle and leave Gerrard out wide.

Am I the only that thinks that is the worst decision ever??

bazzman wrote:
    cheers rebel, but i cant get any of them to work for some reason!!!
    I had that problem after I lost the QS.IV stream but finally got Guangzhou (PPStream) working.

yeah was surprised he went for zenden, he hasn't done it against a good team for pool yet, didnt think away to arsenal was the time to throw him in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

irish1 wrote:
    When I heard Sissoko got injured I said it could be a good thing in one way in that Gerrard would be in his perferred position and might see Liverpool at their best but no Rafa puts Zenden in the middle and leave Gerrard out wide.

Am I the only that thinks that is the worst decision ever??

Playing Gonzalez on the left was a pretty bad decision. He has looked completely out of his debt all season against terrible opposition...why play him against Arsenal ? Garcia/Risse--Alonso--Gerrard--Pennant would surely have been the best option ?

Can only belive Pennant will be on and Gerrard moved to the middle fairly quickly after half-time.
    Garcia is'nt even on the bench, so the left could be Riise with Warnock on at LB

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

mike65 wrote:
    Can only belive Pennant will be on and Gerrard moved to the middle fairly quickly after half-time.
    Garcia is'nt even on the bench, so the left could be Riise with Warnock on at LB

Mike.

i'd be happy with those changes. bellamy will prob be on at some stage - crouch seems quite awkward today and his touch has been poor.

i cant believe fowler isnt even on the bench with his record against arsenal. with the way bellemy played midweek id much prefer fowler coming on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Fowler is rubbish

RasTa wrote:
    Fowler is rubbish

thats a very intelligent well supported point you've got there. well done.

• Advertisement

2 nil.

Thats that.

Mike.

Awful defending by the Pool, 2 nil

game over. 2-0 arsenal. kolo toure, again very well played from arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Doesn't matter who comes on now. There's no way we'll get two.

Hypia keeps him onside but isn't anywhere need him.

If Arsenal do go on to win this game I guess whatever chance Liverpool had of mounting a title challenge is now over?

• Advertisement

Er yes! Scrapping for 3/4th now and a cup.

Mike.

really have to change things now, just for the sake of change! zenden really not contributing enough for a liverpool central midfield. half the time gerrard is coming inside into zendens position to do his job for him.

That is a shocking decision proof of how inconsistent referees are, that tackle deserved a yellow card, no question imo. How is Jamie C still on the pitch??

pennant on for gonzalez. stevie into the centre and zenden taking the left wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

They had a chance before this?

Get Zenden off the pitch, onto a plane and back to Holland. Offers nothing in defence and has wasted 2 decent chances in attack. What exactly is his job?

Gerrard's been anonymous, we need him controlling things in games like this, which IMO he can't do on the wing.

As I type this, Gonzales is replaced by Pennant. Real gung-ho substitution there Rafa, well done.

Arsenal are simply sensational. It doesn't matter who they play, with or without the likes of Rosicky they always do it with style.

irish1 wrote:
    That is a shocking decision proof of how inconsistent referees are, that tackle deserved a yellow card, no question imo. How is Jamie C still on the pitch??

ref used a bit of common sense and decided carra really didn't deserve to be sent off. nice to see from a ref, but guarantees inconsistancy, which sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This ref is crap. Countless fouls on the edge of the area for both teams not given. Blowing up when he could have played advantage on a few occassions. Not sending Carragher off.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    ref used a bit of common sense and decided carra really didn't deserve to be sent off. nice to see from a ref, but guarantees inconsistancy, which sucks.

He did deserve to be sent off. You'd have to be blind not to see that.

Maybe the ref reacted against the Arsenal players trying to get players sent off.

Toure was 'injured' but still found time to run after the ref.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Lol...toure...what a muppet. Runs after Alonso, then the ref and then goes to ground.

Carragher should defo have gone. Rules are rules and that was a definite yellow card challenge.

agree with most of thsoe things, but i always a fan of a ref keeping it 11v11 unless the person really actuaally deserves to be sent off. spoils a game to see someone go off after 2 niggly slightly late but not really dirty tackles.

Bellers lookin like coming on. wonder who for. crouch i suppose..

mike65 wrote:
    Maybe the ref reacted against the Arsenal players trying to get players sent off.

Toure was 'injured' but still found time to run after the ref.

Mike.

Maybe that happened after Carragher hacked down van persie and bears no relevance at all? Just a thought

Interestingly, if it stays like this then Liverpool will have played and lost to their 3 big rivals in the Premiership (4 if we count Everton) without scoring a single goal. With all the ammunition they have going forward that's a damning statistic. Something is clearly not right with Liverpool away from home, but I'm sure it will come good for Benitez in time.

3-0.

kinaldo it'll come right when Rafa understands what line-up you need to start an away game.
    He has failed everytime this season.

Mike.

3-0 gallas. sigh.

Oh dear.

agger on for hypia...inspired. assume hypia picked up a knockor something? cause otherwise its completely pointless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is henry getting any assists?

• Advertisement

bellers scores, ruled offside. very very dodgy call though as the fullback appears to be playing him on.

kinaldo wrote:
    With all the ammunition they have going forward that's a damning statistic. Something is clearly not right with Liverpool away from home, but I'm sure it will come good for Benitez in time.

Ammunition? They are 8th in the league for goals scored. Only 1 away from home all season. Thats brutal for a "challenger".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

That's embarrassing. Tactics all wrong. Players don't look fit. Gonzalez makes Garcia look consistent.

4-0 nearly

Mike.

At the start of the season Benitez insinuated that Liverpool will concede more because they will be more attacking this season. Oh? Seems to me we're still playing defensive yet we're conceding sh*tloads more. What exactly has changed?

Almost 4-0.

bucks73 wrote:
    Ammunition? They are 8th in the league for goals scored. Only 1 away from home all season. Thats brutal for a "challenger".
    Their last 5 games prior to today were 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, and 4-3 wins. With the likes of Gerrard, Bellamy, Kuyt, Crouch and Fowler they're certainly not lacking in ammunition.

• Advertisement

seems a real lack of spirit or belief about this team. At home with the fans they're grand but away just dont look comfortable or active. in the first half today it looked like might have turned a corner in that respect but there's only been one team interested in really winning it in the second half.

Arsenal overall just the superior team. deserved win.

hopefully NOW Rafa will give up on zenden in center as first choice and opt for xabi and stevie.

kinaldo wrote:
    Their last 5 games prior to today were 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, and 4-3 wins. With the likes of Gerrard, Bellamy, Kuyt, Crouch and Fowler they're certainly not lacking in ammunition.

2 carling cup games and a poor french team in the CL included there.

Anyone who thinks that lot could fire you to a title challenge even is only fooling themselves. Gerrard is the most prolific of that bunch and hes a midfielder, playing out of position now on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

what a joke of a performance from Liverpool...no heart....we'll be lucky to get into the top 5 this season... Gonzalez is rubbish, pennant is rubbish, zenden is rubbish..:mad: :mad: :mad:

bucks73 wrote:
    Anyone who thinks that lot could fire you to a title challenge even is only fooling themselves. Gerrard is the most prolific of that bunch and hes a midfielder, playing out of position now on the right.

to be fair Kuyt at least looks a player. Extremely prolific before pool and has done well so far. 5 goals in 10 games isn't terrible under the circumstances.

Any chances of Trez coming in to join him in january i wonder?

~Rebel~ wrote:
    to be fair Kuyt at least looks a player. Extremely prolific before pool and has done well so far. 5 goals in 10 games isn't terrible under the circumstances.

Any chances of Trez coming in to join him in january i wonder?

Yep, true he looks good but he needs support. You cant rely on him alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement