Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centre Club Committee - Cans??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

This might be really stupid, but how about a poll? Advertise it through one of the campus papers, get something like the petition set up so people literally have to click a button, tell people the poll will be open until x time on x date. That way anyone who reads the paper knows about the issue (and might even know about the petition through it?) and can spread the word to friends too. It's not getting about quickly enough or going far enough from just Boards and what little word of mouth is spreading it at the moment. Just a thought. Also, Kap, I'm pretty sure that's who Zap is alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

^^^ maybe if the SU talked to computing services about putting a channel on connect they might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The SU has refused to advertise the campaign through ucdconnect / mass email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

If you just get that fella Brendan Doyle do a small piece on the campaign and the petition then it should be just grand and you can get publicity.He has wrote about the alcohol policy and the motion that was passed so I would say he would be eager.

Just email observer.editor@ucd.ie to get his email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

s.

There are a few problems however.
    If we cant get the manager to agree to the plan (for economic reasons) then Dan wont support it.

I dont understand this?I presume by Dan you mean the Su president so surely he should be supporting the plan regardless of what the manager thinks since the motion was passed at council and it what students want?

Out of intrest KRE is the forum bar making profit at the moment or is it struggling?Its empty whenever I go in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Honestly I dont know what the bars net figures are.

I have estimates of certain fixed costs, why they are estimates if they are the same as last year I dont know.
    I have sales revenue figures, but these figures for the same period change on different pages of the accounts for no apparent reason. Eg when used in calculating margins.

And "average margin" isnt a ratio Ive come across in accounting before, and its not on google either.
    When I ask accounting questions I get round about answers. They wont tell me whether figures are gross or net.

All I can tell you is that the meetings give me the impression that the bar is doing well.
    UCD ents on the other hand isnt.

Advertisement