Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Wont Confirm March Euro PS3 Release!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ahh jesus christ....

Is it coming out this month for the rest of the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

For Japan And America, some of the queues in Japan now are interminable, chck it out www.joystiq.com i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,747 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Funny story at IGN: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/744/744970p1.html
    Sorry if I seem like a pro-Nintendo/anti-Sony "fanboy"; I really try to stay objective!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

how anyone see's joystiq as an objective means of getting news anymore is beyond me. before 360 they lashed into it, now before ps3 they're lashing into that.

if it gets hits, they'll print it. this article features a massive, crushing blow to europe. the article itself shows phil harrison being cautious rather then anything else, just in case things go wrong (again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭omalleyTown

If they are going to make a march launch then it will be with a very low amout of units. This is great for me as i plan on being one of those ****ers that sells his unit on ebay for 3 times its value. This will be made a lot easier with sony sueing anyone who imports from the states and japan

I cant wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

PlayStation 3:
    - Call of Duty 3
    - Genji: Days of the Blade
    - Madden NFL 07
    - Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    - Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
    - NBA 07
    - NBA 2K7
    - Need for Speed Carbon
    - NHL 2K7
    - Resistance: Fall of Man
    - Ridge Racer 7
    - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
    - Tony Hawk's Project 8
    - Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

STATE !!!!!!!!!!!
    except Genji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭wba88

FFS this is getting ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Well, actually now they're saying they WILL hit at march(see kotaku). Not that I actually believe them or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

An article on Eurogamer today said that they may only have half of the initial estimate of consoles to hit the U.S. (though I don't entirely believe the article). I really hope that doesn't happen in Europe too. I have to say I'd rather if the console was pushed back another month or two in Europe instead of launching with a tiny number of consoles to go round. At least if they pushed it back they could get another hundred thousand or two onto the market and it would
    a) foil the ebay rip-off sellers,
    b) ensure a better launch line-up (more games appear to be slipping from the list of launch titles in the U.S.),
    c) Give a higher sense of euphoria on the launch day, as many more people would get their hands on the console.

Of course, if they can actually fulfill (or even better) their initial estimates, I'd love to see it as soon as possible and any delay would just p1ss me off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

abelard wrote:
    An article on Eurogamer today said that they may only have half of the initial estimate of consoles to hit the U.S. (though I don't entirely believe the article). I really hope that doesn't happen in Europe too. I have to say I'd rather if the console was pushed back another month or two in Europe instead of launching with a tiny number of consoles to go round. At least if they pushed it back they could get another hundred thousand or two onto the market and it would
    a) foil the ebay rip-off sellers,
    b) ensure a better launch line-up (more games appear to be slipping from the list of launch titles in the U.S.),
    c) Give a higher sense of euphoria on the launch day, as many more people would get their hands on the console.

Of course, if they can actually fulfill (or even better) their initial estimates, I'd love to see it as soon as possible and any delay would just p1ss me off ;)

I think it would take longer than a month or two to get another hundred thousand produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Relax lads, I am heading over to the states and soon and will bring back one for anyone who wants :D .

Actually, my pants might get very messy trying to expain to customs why my suitcase is lined with PS3's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Relax lads, I am heading over to the states and soon and will bring back one for anyone who wants :D .

Actually, my pants might get very messy trying to expain to customs why my suitcase is lined with PS3's.
    Hope you're bringing a tent with you to camp out to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,411 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

not fair that europe has to wait,
    suppose best not to think about it
    i see there are some selling on us ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I think it would take longer than a month or two to get another hundred thousand produced.

meh, 'twas a rough estimate ;)

Advertisement