Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freespace 2

Options
  • 10-11-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

There was a bit of talk about Frespace 2 on the 'what are you playing this month' thread which got me interested in the game again. What got my my attention especially was the fact that there seems to be a graphical upgrade for the game although how to get it is a different story altogether. I went to the freespace source code project site to see what the craic was but I couldnt make much sense out of the site. As they say themselves on the main page, they're game engineers not web designers. I was just wondering if theres anyone that has managed to figure out the conundrum that is their website and managed to install the graphical upgrade. Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I did, I preferred the old graphics to be honest. The textures look, uh, "sparkly" for lack of a better description. I remember thinking "Wow those ships look kinda weird....wait" and then I remembered I was running the boosted graphics.

Plus, in my opinion, they ruined the beam animation.

It might just be one of those subjective matters but I didn't like it. That said, you should just go and play the original game anyway :)

Oh, and go sign the petition to get a FS3 made :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Speaking of which did the battlestar galactica mod come out at all.

Advertisement