Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Purchase - Please Help!!!

Options
  • 10-11-2006 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I'm in the process of buying a property with MRI- MacAnothony Realty International!!

Things aren't going too smoothly and I'm wondering has anyone had dealings with them?

If so, how are things going for you!?? Would u recommened them??

I thought this investment would help me on my way to buying a house in Dublin, but I am begining to think I may be wrong.

The property in question is in Bulgaria, but any reply regarding MRI would be appreciated!!! Thanks!

CAN ANYONE DEFUSE MY PANIC???!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wanda

Thanks!!

I dont know what to do now!! Do I pull out now, lose the money I've already invested and learn a very costly lesson!? Or should I pay the rest and then try sell??

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I would get professional advice if possible.
    Also this link has more info....

www.caboverde24.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=483

Thanks again for the links!!

I'll contact my solicitor on Monday!!!

:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Something to think about is the purchase abroad will mean you are no longer a First-Time-Buyer from an Irish Stamp Duty perspective. So its not all negative if you do have to pull out of the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

run a mile from mc anthony :(

"guaranteed rent" is your money recycled back to you unless they go bankrupt first, then the guaranteed income evaporates.

the place will have no resale value near what you paid for it when the "guarateed rent" runs out if in bulgaria the mafia is most likely the management company and the mafia will fix that leak for you no problem missus.

Run away and do not give them a penny the internet is full of horror stories on these scammers had you looked at all.

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=93106
    I am in the process of purchasing a property throught McAnthony Realty in Sunny Beach. I went on inspection trip and was introduced to a Solicitor and Financial Company who would set up mortgage. The information I was given by McAnthony, Solicitor and Financial company all proved to be misleading. I paid the 20% deposit under the assumption that all infor I was given was correct. The solicitor informed me that the developer was underdeclaring the price of the property. A month ago I was told that the full price had to be listed on the title deeds and I had to come up with VAT of E11,000. The solicitor was also charge E1,600 in fees and the Financial Company E500.

Has anyone been asked for a yearly fee of E265.00 for after sales service with McAnthonys.

and

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/archive/index.php/t-31478.html

and

http://www.brightsl.com/Weblog/archives/2006/10/here_is_some_in.html#more

that has a link to the Sunday Times expose.

All these articles are pretty damning. I did do a lot of research before investing, and as I say they were recommended by a very reliable source! But I didn't find any articles like the ones shown here! I only found positive things about investing in Bulgaria!! And nothing bad came up about MRI!

All these articles however have made my mind up, so thanks for your help!! I should of come here first before investing!!!

:)

Advertisement