Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something for 6 month ann.

• 10-11-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Right, it's coming up to 6 months with my better half. It's long distance, and there's been plenty to get in the way, so 6 months is pretty long all things considered.
    I know sort of what I want to give her, but I'm not sure exactly in what form. To explain. I was looking in the Argos catalog, for ideas mainly, an I came across this "broken heart". Two necklaces that join together with text that reads across both of them. We don't see each other too often, so I thought something like this would mean something to her, being able to "join them up" as it were, when we're together.
    Problem being, I'm not a jewelery man, a watch being the only thing adorning my body (other than clothes :p), and the two things in Argos are both two girly necklaces. Is there something out there, similar, but with one for "him" and one for "her". I'm not specifically looking for a necklace, or a heart. Just something that is two in one.
    I've had a look around some of the jewelers in blanch, can't find anything, but I might have missed something.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just make absolutely and totally sure that you don't buy it in argos. Won't get u nuthin 'cept a slap on yer fizzace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I'm not worried about that... the other half does plenty of jewelry shopping there. Why? I'm not quite sure, I can't stand any of the stuff in there. It's great for idea's though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What about a photo collage (depending on the photos) or something or are you set on the necklace type of idea?

I'm doing a small (4x6 x 20) photo album for her for christmas. :) I'm not set on any idea's at all. I've been looking for the past two or three weeks, and I'm at the end of my tether, 'tis why I came here :).
    I've got two weeks left, I'll see her the 25th I think, 27th is the day itself. Right now, anything would do, but I'd prefer it were something that would have some real value, not just monetary value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

So you must be heading for your 12 month anniversary now - what ya getting her?

S

• Advertisement

Ah don't I wish. We're not going out, long distance is extremely difficult, we said we'd wait, concentrate on getting through college and see about getting back together when one of us could move closer.
    Still, t'was amazing while it lasted, and I plan on waitin' for her. So maybe I'll resurrect this thread in a few years time! :D

Advertisement