Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

would you do it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

What the guy did was inexcusable. He could have easily made his excuses and left. Not fancying your friend was forgiveable - if he saw her in a bar there's no way he'd ever have got talking to her. Your friend had a lucky scape IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Steyr wrote:
    Arsehole yes but looks do play a part in realtionships in fact they play a huge part.

The guy was a dick. He may have felt that way but not even showing the tact to get himself out of the situation without insulting your friend displays a serious flaw in his character. Your friend hasn't missed much but it's not a nice thing to hear.

I'd disagree with you Steyr that looks "play a huge part" in relationships. There has to be some attraction there sure, but for me once that's there then personality is much much more important.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

but what about honesty being the best policy?

maybe she was too ugly for him to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Every holes a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

****ing horribly rude. Even if he's not attracted to the girl, he should have stayed, had a few drinks and then the date's over. Just cause you stay for a few drinks with someone doesn't mean you're obliged to sleep with them or anything.

People are ****ing ignorant assholes. But what goes around, comes around so it's only a matter of time before he's insulted wildly by a hot chick and goes home crying his little asshole eyes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seems like a touchy subject sure. Wouldnt go putting it that blunt but from the rejectee's POV you dont want to be patronised either.

Try to consider the either extreme is damaging; but the way he chose just happens to be very potent yet much more short lived than any kind of baiting. It doesnt take long for baiting to set in either and can be just as crippling to self confidence; and can cause someone to destroy real opportunities because they will learn to just assume 'oh Im being baited again arent I'?

If every girl I was interested in told me very coldly and upfront 'Im not at all interested' then I'd have no problem :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

So Glad wrote:
    Wow, your mate is a fully fledged arsehole. He wouldn't even stay with her for a bit and then tell her by phone or something.

Things like that can really hurt people, for quite some time...

Tell your mate he is an arsehole.

QFT, he must have no idea what that would do to the girl's confidence. ****ing dickheaad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

That guy as everyone is saying is an a rsehole big style. I beleive in Karma as the other thread described and I hope that fcuker hurts as bad as that poor girl is probably right now and will for a long time. That bollix will get his comeuppances one day. He is a mongo for saying something like that.

I hope he pays for that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I realise that AnonoBoy resurrected this thread today but I had missed it.

That's one of the meanest and rudest things I've ever heard! There's no way I could ever do that to anyone! I hope your friend didn't take it too badly pepper although it's hard to think how she couldn't have taken it badly! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

As Advertised on tele

" There is always one !!! "

Well i think it was rudeness at its maximum height.

If i was in that situation i would say to him "I was exactly going to say you the same thing
    You have looks but you have personality like a 10 year old "

and then leave him to he have some thing to think too :)

as i say i am very very down to earth but if you will show snobbery you will get bigger snobbery if you will give bullsh*t you will get the Biggest BullS**t of you life

Thats the way my natural defence works :D (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ffs, totally unnecessary! If he felt he had to get out of there that badly (tho' why?) he could at least have made some other excuse, no matter how half-arsed.

With any luck, the next time he actually manages to get some misguided girl to bring him home, she will p*ss herself laughing as soon as he drops trou!

Karma ftw!

Advertisement