Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Reviews coming in. As powerful as Sony want you to belive ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

32" samsung 720p will have to suffice from then until march. i'll spend about €3500 extra on a nice new BRAVIA when the ps3 arrives. i mean, what's €3500 when you're already spending €600, right?

:D

Bravia suck balls, Toshiba ftw!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

scrapland wrote:
    I can also see a difference between 720p & 1080i on my Dell 24" monitor.

For the life of me i cant tell the difference between the two on my dell 24"... They both look the same...

Seen a few PS3's going on ebay already around the £1300 mark....

It looks like all the pre-order PS3's in the states went on ebay.. There's loads of em!! Easy money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Bravia suck balls, Toshiba ftw!!1

i actually really like the bravia's. bit more expensive, but not so much that it's out of reach.

and toshiba... pfft, what a no-name brand :rolleyes: typical from employees of that company :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

i actually really like the bravia's. bit more expensive, but not so much that it's out of reach.

and toshiba... pfft, what a no-name brand :rolleyes: typical from employees of that company :D

seriously if i had that amount to spend on a tv it would be a panasonic.

braiva are not great

we bought one for the lab in work, the most expensive model (not sure which one as I was not personally involved with the project but i can find out) and sent it back because it wasn't working properly :confused:

Panasonic ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Seriously though, bravia's suck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

but their adds rock..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Seriously though, bravia's suck
    They're full of praise for the S series and above over on the avforums and I was even going to buy one but it looks like I can't afford it. *cough*Maybe if I knew the price of them*cough*

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Bravia, good god man. They are a tesco value tv with a hugely inflated price tag. When it comes to good quality lcd, get yourself a Panasonic. The new Viera in particular has a lead free screen. nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Lads, this thread is very heavy on the ftw abbreviation, and I have no idea what it means. Anyone feel like sharing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

rgiller wrote:
    Lads, this thread is very heavy on the ftw abbreviation, and I have no idea what it means. Anyone feel like sharing...
    yay for internet search engines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ridge racer seems to be the only game worth getting but its Ridge Racer 7...i mean hardly the reason you buya next gen game when it has 7 tagged onto it.

Resistance begs to differ.

Some more reviews:

1up - 8.5 Outstanding
    For now, Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155184

GameInformer - 9.5
    There’s a good reason why Master Chief has been looking pale these days. Sony just dropped a bomb down his pants. No matter how you cut it, Resistance is PlayStation’s answer to Halo. It bombards you with relentless action, opens your mind to new gaming possibilities with its inventive selection of weapons, and offers a multiplayer experience so deep and dangerously addictive that your hands may permanently form to the contour of the controller. Insane 40-man online battles, weapons that can shoot through walls and around corners, having to violently shake the controller to free yourself from an alien that has latched onto your neck – there are few experiences in gaming that are this exciting, and thanks to the development muscle of Insomniac, this finely polished and balanced. The only blemish that this game has is the uneventful finale to the single-player campaign. Outside of this, Resistance pounds you into submission with its remarkable gameplay. Without question, it’s worth getting a PS3 just for this game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200612/R06.1113.1731.25750.htm

GamePro - 4.5/5
    Resistance's brawny multiplayer mode also deserves special mention. With support for up to 40 players across several game modes and an online community-building component, Resistance will be the key online title for Sony's new console, likely well into 2007. The multiplayer action is fast, visceral, and endlessly replayable, and the addition of species bonuses (Chimera can see through walls, humans have radar) adds a juicy wrinkle not found in other shooters.
    Hopefully, gamers will be able to look past Resistance's so-so presentation and see its rich inner beauty. It's easily the best PS3 game available on launch day, and a highly playable action game that will satisfy even the most demanding FPS junkies.

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/reviews/86430.shtml

Advertisement