Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Q7?

Options
  • 11-11-2006 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the Audi Q7 diesel, good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

junkyard wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about the Audi Q7 diesel, good or bad?

Isn't the Q7 just a fancy VW Touareg? They both use the 3.0 TDi V6 engine from the VW Phaeton.

Don't see the point of it really. If the Touareg isn't fancy enough then why not just buy the more expensive but uglier Porsche Cayenne.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've driven 2 of them - nice to drive but then there is the usual Audi reliability aspect............. That could go either way. They are too fresh to give an accurate reliability audit at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I've driven the diesel version and also the Toureg.I would go with the Toureg.The headroom seems to be a lot lower than the Toureg.As for exterior looks again the Toureg wins in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I don't like the Touareg tbh and the fact its a VW, I'd consider the Porsche if they made a diesel but I thought the Audi was O.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

junkyard wrote:
    I don't like the Touareg tbh and the fact its a VW, I'd consider the Porsche if they made a diesel but I thought the Audi was O.K.

Well the Audi is a VW really?

Porsche is an ugly yoke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Do you get the space craft parking senors and the rear projected tracking lines for parking as standard or are they optional extras , looked nice on fifth gear aswell . Presume its replacing your X5 Junkyard?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote:
    Isn't the Q7 just a fancy VW Touareg? They both use the 3.0 TDi V6 engine from the VW Phaeton.

Q7 has 7 seats though.

Anyway that's like saying, isn't an A4 just a fancy VW Bora?

tvr wrote:
    Do you get the space craft parking senors and the rear projected tracking lines for parking as standard or are they optional extras , looked nice on fifth gear aswell . Presume its replacing your X5 Junkyard?

Yes I'm replacing the X5 but the new X5 isn't out until the middle of next year. I was all set the buy the new V8 diesel Range Rover but delivery is months and I want to get something in January. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

junkyard wrote:
    Any other suggestions?

THIS

THAT

or

THE OTHER

:D:D:D

lexus-rx400h-005-250-160.jpg

RX400H?

• Advertisement

None of the above tbh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Were you looking at the standard Range Rover or the Sport?

This is beautiful, the sport model, commercial too so it would save on your tax bill.

Range Rover Sport Commercial 2.7 TDV6 HSE Project Kahn
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=436976

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:
    Q7 has 7 seats though.

Anyway that's like saying, isn't an A4 just a fancy VW Bora?

Well the A4 never shared a chassis with the Bora.

The Q7 still shares it's chassis and engines with the Touareg. If it's only advantage is that it has 2 extra seats then why not just make a 7 seater Touareg or maybe they should have badged the Touareg as an Audi altogether in the first place. Sounds to me like another case of heavy marketing.

I remember with the VW Touareg was first launched in 2003 Audi said they didn't want to go down the SUV road as the VW brand was covering this market and they didn't need to overlap each other. They are also launching the smaller Q5 towards the end of 2007 so I guess they have changed their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Keep the x5 until the new one comes out?

Drive something else in the meantime if you feel the x5 should be shifted?

Buy something other than a 4x4?

I have a buyer for the X5 and I don't want to wait untill the middle of next year for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

junkyard, I'm surprised. I thought you knew everything. :D:D:D

I don't ever remember saying I did, I'm looking for suggestions not smart comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

junkyard, I'm surprised. I thought you knew everything. :D:D:D

I think that was meant as a complement Junkyard - you do seem very knowledgeable about all things autos around these here parts!

I'm surprised you're interested in the Q7 given your views on VW's in general.

DukeDredd wrote:
    I think that was meant as a complement Junkyard - you do seem very knowledgeable about all things autos around these here parts!

I'm surprised you're interested in the Q7 given your views on VW's in general.

I'm surprised if it was tbh, but thanks for your comments all the same. I already own seven VW's by the way. I have more time for Audi than VW, as I've said before Audi are what VW should be, VW are doing the same hatchet job on their cars as Mercedes did to theirs. You'd think they'd learn by the others mistakes considering they're all the same crowd.

Something slightly different maybe?

Nissan Murano ????

Resale would probably be terrible, though ....

• Advertisement

Yes it would and its horrible inside.

Farmers favourite then ...a Landcruiser!! ...just until the new X5 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've heard Renault are coming out with a huge 7-seater gaz-guzzling 4WD yoke in January. The right job for ya, junkyard :D:p

Maybe let her drive one of the "for sale" cars and get a new X5 when it comes out? Otherwise you'll end up taking a big depreciation hit and you know it...

unkel wrote:
    I've heard Renault are coming out with a huge 7-seater gaz-guzzling 4WD yoke in January. The right job for ya, junkyard :D:p

Maybe let her drive one of the "for sale" cars and get a new X5 when it comes out? Otherwise you'll end up taking a big depreciation hit and you know it...

The X5 is sold so I don't have to worry about depreciation, I want to get something for January. As regards Renault ? I don't think so.:rolleyes: I've heard the Range Rover Sport has the new V8 diesel engine and a few of them seem to be available for immediate sale at the moment so I might check them out.

That V8 diesel sounds like a hoot. nobody in their right mind would buy a petrol one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote:
    I've heard the Range Rover Sport has the new V8 diesel engine

Like the X5, the RR Sport seems to hold it's value well compared to most others in the class. Brother in law just got a V6 diesel. Nice but slow. The V8 diesel seems a much nicer proposition with performance nearly on a par with the X5 3.0d. The RR Sport is better looking than the X5 but that's just imho :)

I always liked the styling of the X5 but I don't like the styling of any of the new BMW's models tbh. In fairness to the current X5 it handles and performs like a car and in many ways I'm sad to see it go but the new Range Rover Sport V8 diesel looks promising and its twin turbo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Personally, I think the Q7 is u.g.l.y. But having said that, I know very little else about them.

My personal 1st choice would be a:
    http://tinyurl.com/yelo9b

or second choice would be a:
    http://tinyurl.com/yfwgjt

P
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

2006_xuv_1.jpg

End of.

:D

• Advertisement