Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Vista Licence (Home Edition, direct from Microsoft)

• 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes either. Microsoft are giving away software for free!

I'm on the Microsoft Technet Ireland mailing list, and got this email (see quote below)

To get the free licence, you have to go to the event. To go to the event, you must register. To register, you have to join Technet (free). To join Technet, you have to have a .net passport.

A bit messy I know, but FREE VISTA! Crikey.

See you all there lads!

snappieT
    Hi,

The day has arrived! Today is the day that I’m announcing the Irish Tech Community Launch of Windows Vista, 2007 Microsoft Office system and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.

On the evening of Tuesday, 5 December, we hope that you will be part of the biggest ever tech event in the history of Microsoft Ireland: the Tech Community Launch of Windows Vista, 2007 Microsoft Office system and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
    [/FONT]
    When: Evening of Tuesday, 5 December 2006
    Where: Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This two-hour tech evening event will cut right to heart of what you need to know about all these new products:
    [/FONT]
    • Learn about Windows Vista, Microsoft Office 2007 and Exchange Server 2007 from our technical keynote speakers
    • Chat to the experts and get your questions answered
    • Have a look at the new features and get your hands on the products themselves to try them out
    • Best of all, each attendee will receive a full, free license for Widows Vista Home Edition, along with other evaluation software
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In order to facilitate people travelling from outside the city, we have organised two sessions from which you can choose - just pick the time that suits you best. Places are limited and, as is usual when we give away free software, they fill up fast – so make sure to book your place early!
    [/FONT]
    Register now for Session A: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
    Register now for Session B: 8:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
    Please feel free to pass on this invite to any of your friends or colleagues who would be interested in coming along.

This will be the largest Tech Event Microsoft has ever held in Ireland, and I look forward to seeing you there. I’m sure we’ll make it an evening to remember!

Kind regards,
    Colm Torris
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement