Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmod soundcard crackling

• 11-11-2006 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.
    I bought myself the Xmod recently. It does sound great, but
    it has a bad tendency to crackle while playing mp3s. I using it
    in a brand spanking new inspiron 6400 laptop so its definately nothing
    to do with a slow machine or usb drivers.
    I tried it in an old AMD Sempron machine I built 2 years ago and it worked
    the finest, no crackling at all.
    Does anyone have any idea why its like this or have any experience with
    sorting out crackling issues with soundcards (X-fi maybe) in XP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ok just determined that the soundcard definately isn't the problem, as I've tried a different USB sound card (the M-Audio Sonica) and that one is also crackling.

So now is there a way to insure the USB port gets the entire bandwidth it needs to prevent crackling in the audio? Could the display adaptor (ATI mobility Radeon x1400) be part of the problem?

EDIT:
    Ok after investigating the problem further I've discovered that if I disable all acceleration on the ATI card, the crackling stops and the card works perfectly.
    Problem is, I don't want to have to do this everytime I want to listen to music....

Advertisement