Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue

Options
  • 11-11-2006 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Heeey, just got my tongue done tonight but clever as ever, I lost the little card they give you telling you how to not get infected and stuff. (Also the one that gets you your free smaller bar when you go back in a few weeks :( )
    Anyway can someone tell me how to take care of it so it won't get infected? And how soon should I eat solid stuff again?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

just suck on some ice cubes, use the cleaning mouthwash thingy they gave you, eat mashed potatoes and other soft stuff for a couple of weeks and try to avoid licking public handrails and such and you should be fine

just go back to the studio u got it pierced in tomorrow or whenever and tell them u lost the sheet, they should give u a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Something that helped me too was putting my mouthwash in the fridge. It felt so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

If you have no mouthwash get some Corsodyl mouthwash from any chemist and rinse out, diluting it half water, 2 or 3 times a day for the next few weeks. Suck on loads of ice cubes to help keep swelling down and try some nurofen if it gets a bit sore.

Try not to smoke and drink alcohol for about two weeks either but if this is unavoidable, ie smoking get a small coke bottle or something and half fill it with corsodly and half water and carry it around with you so if you have to smoke have a little rinse out straight away after.

Go back to your piercer in two weeks then to get the smaller bar fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Make sure it's alcohol free mouthwash or just make up a very weak saline solution, less than a teaspoon of salt in 500ml boiled water, let it cool an rinse after every meal, before bed etc, keep a bottle of it in the fridge too to keep it cool...best piercing ever, going back for another soon!

Advertisement