Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In Thailand cant send txt from ready to go

• 11-11-2006 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi there,

In Thailand at the moment and I cant send a txt message from my vodafone ready to go mobil1e. Weird thing is that I can make a phone call....strange eh?

Anyone any ideas? My prepaid O2 phone has no problems.....

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

In Thailand as well. On Meteor PAYG and having no problems with calls or texts. My mate is on Vodafone bill pay and it is working okay. Did you try selecting try all the different networks manually here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Just back from thailand myself, i bought a thai sim over there, it then only costs 10baht to send a message home. Why dont you do that, you'll save a fortune. Get a person in the shop to set it up for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just back from thailand myself, i bought a thai sim over there, it then only costs 10baht to send a message home. Why dont you do that, you'll save a fortune. Get a person in the shop to set it up for you

Yeah thats what we did as well, if you're in Bangkok there is a whole level of the MBK shopping centre that will do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah thats what we did as well, if you're in Bangkok there is a whole level of the MBK shopping centre that will do it for you.

Ah the mbk, legend of a place. Was up in the top floor were they sell all the phones and even though i had no intention of doing it, i traded in my piece of crap nokia( the one with the changeable covers and ****est camera) that i brought to thailand (and kept my good phone at home) for a nokia 6101. I also had to give 6 euro. bargain methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

bargain methinks.

Just a bit! I had my only ever proper hallucination in MBK, damn anti-Malaria tablets! It was ridiculously strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I was in Brazil about 2 years ago roaming on Vodafone UK. No problem making or receiving calls and receiving texts. I had a problem sending texts. I also can have problems sending texts when roaming in Ireland.

The only common thing in both situations is the amount of charaters used in the message. If I use the full 160 the message will not send. 120 characters is the max I could use for a successful send.

Advertisement