Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SERIOUS flaw on NCT site

Options
  • 11-11-2006 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Booked my car in last week for its NCT online and noticed a serious flaw with there system.

All they ask is reg and date of first registration.

Basically enter any 01 county and a lowish number and the date of reg is either 1/2/3 of jan...took me 2 attempts to get a lady in kilarney... all i would have had to do is create a test date for her, shes not going to turn up and her NCT bill has just doubled !! Open to serious abuse.....

Is this for real ? :confused:

edit.....also emailed NCT.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

These are the guys who will investigate, if you want to make a report to them.

This is really the sort of thing you really should have told the NCT first rather than making it public knowlege..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe the OP edited his post to state that he had notified them. It is now up to them to react to the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's fairly obvious. even if you take the reg of your own car and add one digit, chances are they were registered on the same day. you could book tests or anything, it's a bit silly. last 6 digits of the chassis number would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Well, no reply from the NCT yet....:rolleyes:

Maybe its just me, but this seems absolutly absurd, they should at least change it to chasis number as stated earlier or make it so you have to actually pay at the time of booking....

And as for making it public knowledge, dont you belive everyone has the right to know the shortcomings of the NCT, its not exactly watergate !

• Advertisement
Advertisement