Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost dog - Rottweiler - REWARD

Options
  • 11-11-2006 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

15 months old female Rottweiler has disappeared from her home in Bray on Saturday, the 4th of Nov. Her name is Ganja and she has an absolutely friendly temp. She is about 35 kg.

I offer a reward for anyone who can tell me where i can find my dog.

Please call me on 086 160 5475, if you know where she is now.

Here you can find some more pics of Ganja:
    http://www.arcor.de/palb/thumbs_public.jsp?catID=47&albumID=3830639

Cheers!

1280_3163373035656330.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

OP that is awful. You must be so worried. When you say disappeared, where was she? In the garden?

Have you tried calling the pounds? Check the local garda station in case someone handed her in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

Oh she looks nice.
    I really hope you get her back.

We once missed one of our cats. We tried everything. Local radio, television, newspapers, leaflets. It was a terrible time, and then six weeks later, on World animal day, she walked in the door. We coudln't believe it was her. So skinny and dirty. She must have been locked up somewhere.

So I know how awfull it is to miss an animal and not knowing what happened to it.

Did you contact your local dog pound, vets and animals rescue?
    Get her on your local radio and put leaflets up.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dagerman

Thanks for your sympathy!

I fed Ganja at about 9am and then she went out in the garden. The garden is fully fenced with a big wooden gate. She tried only once to jump off the wall to the road and hurt herself. After that she never tried again, even with other dogs passing by. So I can't really believe that she ran away. And she was happy at home!
    At 11am another dog, a friend of Ganja (very small, crawls under the gate) came to the backdoor of my house. At that stage I knew that Ganja was gone, because the other dog would never have reached the backdoor without Ganja noticing her.

I have placed adds, put posters, went to the gardai, checked vets, dog pounds and shelters, asked neighbours, … no success.

I have also been to the Dunboyne dog pound, where a female Rotti was kept. On the photo she looked so similar to Ganja, but unfortunately it wasn’t her.

I’ll keep on looking. Ganja is my family and it feels very empty here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Be sure to post her pics on Petsireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Just keep doing what you are doing, contact the pounds every day and mabey not just the one near you, surrounding ones as well.
    Does she have a collar that might help identify her and a tag or microchip?
    Also post on lost and found section on irishanimals.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Its important to ring and check the pounds and rescues every day.
    someone may hand her in tomorrow, or the next day or the day after that etc, and just because somone has said they will "ring you if a dog comes in that looks like it might be her" doesn't necessarily mean they will, or even they might not be in work at the time. So ring daily.

You will feel like a pest but don't worry, worst case scenario is they moan about you to other people which also gets the word around about your missing dog.

Best of luck and plz let us know if you find her.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Think that dog was found.
    Here's a site that sell really cute dog tags http://www.gotags.com/
    Check out www.pet-bliss.com for really nice dog collars.
    Also getting the dog chipped is a must, I wonder was she stolen from the garden itself. It's awful to think that people have the cheek to come up and take dog like that.

Advertisement