Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Vectra Light Beams

Options
  • 11-11-2006 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Is it just my Vectra or are the front lights on them crap in general...

Finding it very hard to drive at night without the front fogs on and when I turn on the full lights, the beam seems to shine up as opposed to down onto the road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sounds like you just need to get them aligned properly. Should be a quick (like 5 minutes) and cheap job for any garage to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Find the lights excellent on mine. Is the light leveller switch on the dash set to zero?

If its not that then as the previous poster said get them alligned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

If the car was put in for a full service, should they have checked the light beam allignment then?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mick_irl wrote:
    If the car was put in for a full service, should they have checked the light beam allignment then?

in theory? ...yes

in practice? ...well, this IS Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Do it yourself, A cheap job!! It IS Ireland.

Get a screwdriver and twist the screw on top of the lights a align them. Not upwards or to the right, downwards and to the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I find mine excellent mick_irl - and if memory serves me correctly i think we drive the same model! I've even been complimented with mine by my sister who has a '03 3 series and brother in law with a '06 Avensis who mentioned one night how good they were. Get 'em checked i reckon!

You see the problem is, the car was in for a service and I assumed they would have fixed the beams...especially as I mentioned it when booking in the car.

I had my NCT the following week and the car failed because of the lights.

I brought the car back to the garage and now they are saying that I need new fittings....don't know why they didnt mention that when it was in for service....

Would it be anything to do with the fact that the car is under waranty or am i getting cynical in my old age?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well ...if I was you, I'd jump up and down in their managers office until I got my lights aligned and the cost for the NCT retest (including all expenses that go with that) reimbursed.

Finally getting this sorted tomorrow. Don't ever buy an opel car from a non-opel garage. It'll break your heart!

Of course now that I am getting the lights sorted (booked in for tomorrow), another problem has cropped up.

Yesterday morning when I went to start the car all was fine. Then about 2 mins into driving, I was getting no power from the accelerator. Pulled in, restarted the engine, and while it was idling, the revs would go up to about 20 on the dial.

Then fall back, the car would start to shudder as if it was about to stall and then rev up again.

Tried to drive a little bit more down the road but was getting very sluggish performance from the engine, so left it parked up at my house for the day.

When I got home last night, tried it again. When idling in neutral, it did the same as before...revved up itself to about 20 on the dial, revs would drop, car shuddered and then reved up again.

It did this 8 times before the revs stayed consistent at about 10.

Took it for a spin and all was fine until i exceeded 100kmph (was in a 120kmph zone) - engine started getting sluggish, even flooring the accelerator would give me no power. Would have to take off my foot completely and then re-apply it for the revs to kick back in.

There are no warning lights coming up on the dash.

I've done a bit of googling and come up with people experiencing similar probs with Vectras and solutions included getting either the coil pack, air flow meter or air idle control valve replaced.

Anyone have any suggestions what it might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sounds like EGR value and something else. Not sure though

www.astra-sport.co.uk

Go to technical queries, state the problem give it half day and i gurantee someone will have a solution for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Try these guys

www.vectra-c.com

What they don't know about Vectras isn't worth knowing. They're extremely helpful

Advertisement