Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metric fittings, imperial pipe

Options
  • 11-11-2006 1:05pm

Hi,

I have just received my thermal store all pre-plumbed with metric fittings, all the pipework in the house is Irish (imperial) :eek:

What is the best wat to connect 1/2" pipe to 15mm fittings (some compression and some pushfit) and the same for 3/4" pipe and 22mm fittings.

Can I just get away with using a 1/2" or 3/4" olive in the metric compression fittings, but what about the push fit.

I can only think about using a short length of metric then changing size in a streight compression fitting.

Are there any better ways to do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Ask at your local plumber's merchants for adapter fittings, DO NOT try and force olives if they don't fit or you could have a disaster on your hands down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Hi,

Can I just get away with using a 1/2" or 3/4" olive in the metric compression fittings, but what about the push fit.

I've often used the metric 15mm and 22mm fittings with 1/2" and 3/4" pipe but with 1/2" and 3/4" olives.

No problem ever. I think they're pretty compatible

Reyman wrote:
    I've often used the metric 15mm and 22mm fittings with 1/2" and 3/4" pipe but with 1/2" and 3/4" olives.

No problem ever. I think they're pretty compatible

Thanks starman, thats what I suspected, I have a few spare olives.

Looks like I will have to use a short length of metric pipe in the push-fit connectors and then use a streight connector to convert to imperial.

Unless someone has another idea.....

Advertisement