Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Advice

Options
  • 11-11-2006 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My car has been involved in an accident, through no fault of my own, another driver lost control & skidded on to my path. One machanic thinks the Insurance Company will write it off, (Mileage 100K year 2000) another says it's repairable. Front wheel partly off, wing, bumper and bonnet damage. The Insurance Accessor will decide it's fate on Monday. What is the situation. If it's written off -
    (1) Is it still my property or does it become the property of the Insurance Company,

(2) Can I collect the "written off " value & have it repaired.

I've never been in this situation before, so any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jmd wrote:
    My car has been involved in an accident, through no fault of my own, another driver lost control & skidded on to my path. One machanic thinks the Insurance Company will write it off, (Mileage 100K year 2000) another says it's repairable. Front wheel partly off, wing, bumper and bonnet damage. The Insurance Accessor will decide it's fate on Monday. What is the situation. If it's written off -
    (1) Is it still my property or does it become the property of the Insurance Company,

(2) Can I collect the "written off " value & have it repaired.

I've never been in this situation before, so any advice would be appreciated.

jmd - you will probably get a lot better advice/knowledge over in the Motors Forum. Insurance questions are fairly common. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jmd

Thanks Wishbone ash. for the advice-will move it there

Advertisement