Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas for a pc for recording?

• 11-11-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Any one have any ideas what id need for a PC for music recording. Id be running Sibelius, fruity loops, cubase, reason, pro tools etc. (maybe one or two at the same time)

Was thinking on dual core processor and 2 gigs of ram to start off - that shud b enuf wudnt it?

Also, i had the M-Audio Firewire 410 soundcard - sold it cuz i was broke, but was just wondering if that would be a good one to get again for the money?

Initial budget is 1k but il upgrade whatever after
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crybaby

sounds grand, just get yourself pro tools with a m-box, theres no need to have both cubase and pro tools on a system just pick one and stick with it, they are both absolutley hugh programs that do similar things so there is real need to learn both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There's benefits to having both afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I agree with Lump. In fact I think Cubase has the edge over Pro Tools as an all-round package.

Dual core and 2Gb RAM will be plenty to get you started. Don't know much about that particular interface but m-audio generally make decent stuff for the price. Might be worth your while budgeting for headphones, monitors etc too. Best of luck with it!

Advertisement