Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honest Mechanic?

Options
  • 11-11-2006 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Can anyone please recommend a good, honest, cheap mechanic in South Dublin?

My car needs a new battery, tyres, windscreen wipers, and lots of other things for its NCT.

I can drive cars fantastically but I know nothing else about them. I don't want to get screwed!

Cheers.

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Your best bet is to get the wipers, battery and tyres done yourself, then bring it to a mechanic. Head to Quick/Fast Fit for the tyres and goto your local motor factors or Halfords for wipers and battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Your best bet is to get the wipers, battery and tyres done yourself, then bring it to a mechanic. Head to Quick/Fast Fit for the tyres and goto your local motor factors or Halfords for wipers and battery.
    Many of the tyre places will also do batteries and wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I recnetly went a new garage thats opened in Badoyle industrial estate (i know its northside) but it was the most reasonable and honest Garage ive ever been to showed me exactly what needed to be done also im well capable of doing the work myself i just dont have the time so i knew he was telling the truth, also didnt even try sell me other work that was totally unesecary, if ur interested ill get the reciept and get u the contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Tipsy Mac wrote:

Any mechanic worth his salt would tell you to fu*k off and fit them yourself. I'll never entertain people coming up to me with a Quinton Hazel bag full of crap parts trying to save themselves a few quid by buying cheap parts and then coming back moaning two months later when they have a problem with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

peterk19 wrote:
    I recnetly went a new garage thats opened in Badoyle industrial estate it was the most reasonable and honest Garage ive ever been to
    Give them a while - they'll learn! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement