Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office 10 problem

• 11-11-2006 3:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not a problem with the actual programme, so to speak...

Basically I bought a laptop 2nd hand a while ago, and it had office 10 on it, which was handy (as my PC didn't).
    Anyway, a few months back the laptop died a death, so I got a case for it's HDD and hooked it up to my PC so I wouldn't lose anything.
    Anyway; I was looking to use Office 10 on it the other day, but as it's not installed on this computer it doesn't seem to want to run; it'll open up for me and then give me an error and shut down again...
    Is there any legitimate way for me to salvage the programme? I know this may seem like a really dodgy situation, but I can promise you that it is a legitimate copy, but I was never given the install disks by the guy who used to own the laptop.
    It's not a huge deal, I have OpenOffice anyway, but I've noticed that some Excel files aren't opening properly in that (namely the ones that have games in them :D)

Any ideas? And I'm certainly not looking for cracks, warez or anything illegal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

once you have the office 2000 key and coa you can use any office 2k disc to install and youll be licensed.
    as long as the license isnt oem youll be fine to transfer it to a new pc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try a new user profile,
    try a different app, xl vx.word to see the help about
    try safe mode
    check in the xlstart and the startup folders in program files \ office for junk

google for starting word in it's safe mode ( /a ?)

if just word also delete normal.dot

don't uninstall till you are sure you can reinstall, magic jellybean keyfinder doesn't show the current office 2000 serial number

Advertisement