Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes *episodes 7-22; SPOILERS WITHIN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

********EPISODE 11********

Loving this show! :D

But damn I hope Peter isn't dead,he is one of the better characters. I am not sure what the whole exploding man thing was about. I obviously know now it is Peter,but how and why? How does he cause the explosion?

Hiro v T Rex? lol I wonder will they actually do that.

The Nikki/Jessica thing isn't the best story but I don't dislike her or where the storyline is going. Turning herself into the cops was a bit meh!

Claire's dad is one son of a biatch! I like how they are playing him...is he actually a good guy or a bad guy? He has been wiping the mind of his wife for a while! now his son,and was about to wipe Claire's. He is obviously not running the show as pointed out by the guy giving him orders on the phone.

Sylar looks to be back out on the street soon enough! How was it that he was able to use his powers when Eden was there,and kill her off but not when Mr Bennent was there? So when the ad said a hero would die...did they mean Eden...or is Peter going to be killed off because Eden wasn't actually a main character.

I am going to miss my fix of this show for the next few weeks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

And is the Haitian dude a good guy or bad guy? I think he knows that Claire has to remember in order to save the world, so IMO he is a good guy. Also he has a necklace that has the same design as Nikki has on her back...the single helix thingie. Will miss the show for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

WOW. some episode... i think eden got killed maybe cos the haitian guy wasn't there to dampen Sylar's power. probably peter comes in contact with the radiatian guy (Theodore Sprague or something?) without knowing who he is... Do you think Sylar killed Eden or did Eden kill herself to stop her brain getting eaten? Smart girl... i wonder if simone has a power, as she was in peter's vision, or just that he cares for her etc.

i'd say a guy going back in time with a sword to fight a dinosaur has probably never been done before, so that should be a laugh.

Haitian guy is now the coolest guy on the show. he could be the one to save the world, just stick him near peter for the next month or so!
    Probably the best episode so far...

EDIT: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_011.pdf shows what happened to Sylar, might tie up any speculation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

basquille wrote:
    Ahhhhh... great episode.

Am too tired to say much but love's Hiros "Great Scot!" line - 'Back To The Future' always win in my books.

A lot of take-in in the episode so might give a rewatch again tomorrow.

Am however looking forward to getting back to present day event's in next week's episode but unfortunately it's the last til late January 2007.

PS - Adam from '24' playing Sylar.. was wrecking my head who that was until i IMDB'd it! :D

Ah, so that's who he was... wrecking my head also...
    Have to say i really like this show, along with Dexter... how are we going to get by over the Christmas when all these great shows go on a break... watch re runs of Father Ted Christmas specials..
    My fav character definitely has to be Hiro.. so honorable,yet kinda naive. Hopefully we will soon see how the death of his love and his failure to protect her, will guide him in becoming the true samurai that we saw visit Peter on the subway a few eps back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

WOW. some episode... i think eden got killed maybe cos the haitian guy wasn't there to dampen Sylar's power. probably peter comes in contact with the radiatian guy (Theodore Sprague or something?) without knowing who he is... Do you think Sylar killed Eden or did Eden kill herself to stop her brain getting eaten? Smart girl... i wonder if simone has a power, as she was in peter's vision, or just that he cares for her etc.

i'd say a guy going back in time with a sword to fight a dinosaur has probably never been done before, so that should be a laugh.

Haitian guy is now the coolest guy on the show. he could be the one to save the world, just stick him near peter for the next month or so!
    Probably the best episode so far...

EDIT: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_011.pdf shows what happened to Sylar, might tie up any speculation

Or stick haitian guy near hero when they all meet up, so they can't use their powers and peter won't go explodey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great episode loved the whole haitian thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think we are all forgetting the most important question here. Where was Peter getting his future vision from????? (I called Peter blowing up New York due to his proximity to Sprague as a possibilty after ep 7 so I'm not too blown away by that.)

Peter was getting sick and coughing just before his vision. He first started coughing when he met Claire and Bennett. So what if the vision came from Bennett? The only other main character in proximity to Peter was Audrey and it is possible the vision came from her but the coughing only started with Bennett and I don't think they are introducing another character right now.

It is unlikely to be from Claire or Matt, as Bennett told Sylar that all other powered individuals only exhibited one power. Matt is a mind-reader, Claire is self-regenerating, Nathan a flyer and the Haitian, if he was around Peter, is a telepath of some sort (prof x has one power and could pull off anything the Haitain has done so far).
    did Eden kill herself to stop her brain getting eaten?

I think she did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good episode.. nice to see more and more of the heroes intertwining and finally meeting.

Nikki / Jessica storyline still really isn't doing it for me! It seems to be too distant from the overall plot at hand which we want to see developing. We understand the internal struggle but christ, get over it already! :eek:

Shame to see Eden (Nora Zehetner) go.. twas a bit of eye candy but for a somewhat known actress (fantastic performance in 'Brick') to be listed as guest star since the start was never too promising for her (hopefully Clea DuVall won't be next.. but i see the partnership between her and Matt lasting a bit longer).

Nice to see the Matt / Peter reverb when together in the same room.. so what power does the Hiatian have? At first i thought it was a power diffuser.. seeing as Matt had difficulty reading both his and Mr Bennett's.. but the Hiatian wasn't immediately nearby when interviewing Claire, was he? And that leaves Mr Bennett.

Oooooooohhh.. it's a conundrum!

Don't know how much i like the whole Hiro / T-Rex thing.. i thought seemed like a bit of an in-joke than anything serious. The whole "going-back-in-time-don't-step-on-anything" as i'm guessing we all saw in one of The Simpsons Halloween specials a few years back now ("oh.. i wish, i wish i hadn't killed that fish!" :D).

Peter and Hiro are my two favourite characters in the show.. doubt anything will happen to Peter as he seems to be somewhat the heart of the show, and one of the characters most involved in the on-going storyline.

Anyways.. might re-watch them over the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

basquille wrote:
    Don't know how much i like the whole Hiro / T-Rex thing.. i thought seemed like a bit of an in-joke than anything serious. The whole "going-back-in-time-don't-step-on-anything" as i'm guessing we all saw in one of The Simpsons Halloween specials a few years back now ("oh.. i wish, i wish i hadn't killed that fish!" :D).
    They are both a reference to a short story by Ray Bradbury called 'A Sound of Thunder' where people travel back in time to hunt T-rex... but a butterfly is stepped on by accident thus changing the future.

I guessing Peter will have to survive the explosion as he didn't have the scar that Hiro mentioned yet... perhaps this is how he gets it.

Not sure why Peter is sick though... it's possible his encounter with Sylar and his mishmash of powers has affected him somehow.

Brilliant episode by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Definitely the best episode so far. Absolutely stunning. There were 2 continuity issues that kinda bugged me.

Firstly just before DL got into the car and Nikki/Jessica shot him, they obviously reshot that scene as the first time we saw it, DL opens the door and leans forward and then turns his body back so that the scope is aiming at his heart/left side of his body. But the second time we see it, he doesnt turn back so he gets shot on the right shoulder. A little annoying to be honest, I expect better things.

The other mistake escapes me at this point in time but I'm sure it will come to me when I watch this episode again.

Favourite scenes were:

Nikki/Jessica, having shot DL, walking straight across the road without looking and passing in between each of the cars perfectly, girls got balls/timing ;) Just a great example of her single mindedness and "skillz".

Hiro and (what is his friends name? :o) friend talking about what to do next and how destiny will lead them to what to do next. Then Isaac rings and hiro answers his friend, about "who is that?" by saying, "Destiny" Great scene :D

Also "I really need to find that sword" made me burst out laughing, amazing expression on Hiro at the time :D Love it!

Other scenes of interest was Sylar pulling Eden through the window. Looking around the room, the toilet, glass (obviously) and even the tray and slide way thing that Clares dad passed his meal through, were all made of plastic. Also, in the last episode when Sylar flung the locker doors at peter they were all made of metal.

So, this leads me to believe Sylar has 2 telekinetic powers. One, like magneto in X-men is the power over metals and is very powerful. He uses this the majority of the time, to pull Eden through the glass. To attack peter with locker doors. To possibly move about as well, for some other reason.

The second is the telekinetic power which is like Jean Grey's telekinetic power, also in the X-men ;) This is a much more limited power and allows manipulation over smaller things like when he moves the glass across the table at chandra's or opening doors, or peeling back a layer of skin around a humans head.

This, or something like it seems the most likely. Remember a few of the people we heard about originally, that Sylar had killed, were killed with "ordinary kitchen utensils" like being stabbed repeatedly with knives and forks etc.

The other thing, the Haitan was around the corner or at least following Matt when he was trying to read Clare and her fathers minds. He must have been interrupting Matt's powers preventing him from reading their minds. Failing that, he may have built in a mental block so that matt could not use his powers against them. This seems possible too as we have still seen no other reason why they took him, kept him for a day and then just let him go after wiping his memory.

And yeah, how cool was it that everyone assumed that he could not speak or at the least believed he could not speak and then he spoke to clare. Or perhaps that was actually his powers talking instead? ;)

Oh and he has to at the very least, be able to mess about with peoples memories as he says that Clares father sent him to make her forget, like he did with his wife etc. many times.

Anyways, fantastic episode, this show just keeps getting better and better. Loving it, shame we have to wait now :(

Ivan wrote:
    .. Hiro and (what is his friends name? :o) ..
    Ando

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yeah, I have to say that this and Dexter are wiping the floor with Lost... I'm still hooked on Lost too though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some great lines... "Destiny would lose our number", and "I have to find that sword". Great show. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ivan wrote:
    Firstly just before DL got into the car and Nikki/Jessica shot him, they obviously reshot that scene

They seem to do this a lot. I think it's happened at least twice before. In the episode which ends with Claire waking up in the middle of her autopsy, she looks down and says "Holy sh...", but in the next episode she says something else. Happened another time too, can't remember now.

Another funny part of that episode was Hiro trying to make Mr. Isaac "concentrate", and making his face. :D

Not sure why Peter is sick though... it's possible his encounter with Sylar and his mishmash of powers has affected him somehow.

This shouldn't be possible as Peter was in close contact with Claire twice following his contact with Sylar, so he should have been healed of any health problems by her power. Though of course it is possible that he was getting the future vision from Sylar, which indicates that Sylar also has visions.

• Advertisement

could his power be growing? is it possible he is "the one"?
    its possible that his powers are growing to a stage where his "range" is increased so he is right now drawing on The cheerleaders healing, the radiation guys explosiveness and also Hiro`s time travel or Isac`s future predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

kyub wrote:
    Yeah, I have to say that this and Dexter are wiping the floor with Lost... I'm still hooked on Lost too though. :)

I second this motion! (with a vengeance!!!)

And i add "House" to this "mop" of sorts!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Great episode. Best of the series so far.
    Even the Niki stuff was interesting in this ep. Can't see where they fit in with the other heroes though.
    Cool to see the heroes coming together at last. The scene with Peter and Matt was cool. Took me a second to realise Peter would be able to read minds around him :) Nicely, done scene.
    Hiro and Issac together at last. Can't wait to see the episode where Hiro fights the T-Rex. The writers must be expecting a nice large budget :)
    How exactly were Sylar's powers supposed to be blocked (as said by Mr Bennett)? They seemed to be working just fine. He managed to pull Eden through the glass.
    And Peter's dream sequence? That was a bit wierd. Maybe he gets the exploding mans powers and can't control them.

Can't wait for the show to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Bacchus wrote:
    And Peter's dream sequence? That was a bit wierd. Maybe he gets the exploding mans powers and can't control them.

Although this has more than likely been said already, maybe Peter's powers grow too strong, strong enough for him not to be in the vicinity of the "fire /radioactive man" or anyone else but still get his powers.

/me wants to see hiro battle T-rex in teh next episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Bacchus wrote:
    Can't wait to see the episode where Hiro fights the T-Rex. The writers must be expecting a nice large budget :)
    I don't think it'll be as simple as that. The T-Rex may be a metaphor for something ?

Anyways, great first 11 eps. These definitely deserve a rewatch over the xmas break :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For some reason, I doubt that Hiro will be fighting a T-rex, I'd say he has some sort of fight with someone else in a museum or something along those lines.

As regards Sylar being able to pull eden through the glass, despite the apparent presence of the Haitian, Sylar was probably too powerful. We saw this before with when they took Matt and he was still able to pick out Claire's name,

Bump for this for the fresh discussion...

******** EPISODE 12 ********

Hurrah! :D Great to have it back. Love this show.

As most people thought the explosion has to do with the radioactive guy out in the desert and if Peter will come into contact with him.

Hiro's quest for his sword was fun,and we got introduced to invisable Dr. Who, who is actually a petty thief :p

Nikki/Jessica in jail makes for an interesting storyline and Mr Linderman keeps popping up everywhere,I hope he lives up to his reputation when they introduce him.

We also find out the symbol means "Godsend"...interesting,and don't you think the "respect the calling" is a much better tagline than "are you on the list"?

It wasn't the most exciting episode but it has set things up for the last half of the season,and it looks like it is going to be good!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

My 'interesting' bits of this episode were Niki being surprised at being able to break the nightstick. It seems that she may one day have the power to control her fighting ability without turning into the other one.

The first episode in a while where interest in her story didn't drop ever lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

tvnutz wrote:
    We also find out the symbol means "Godsend"...interesting

I think Ando said the symbol on the sword was a combination of "great talent" and "godsend" which is interesting because of the people showing up with only the two lines of the symbol. What remains to be seen is which part of the symbol means what.

Another tidbit was that Peter was invisible too when he met the new guy meaning he absorbs powers instantly rather than needing prolonged contact. We'll have to wait and see if the guy is actually invisible (like the invisible man) or just "removes" himself from peoples minds.

Radioactive man in the desert was a bit odd, wasn't he taken away by homeland security? He seems to be learning to control his powers too...

Sylar in the cell.. was there any signifigance to the cockroach?

Finally, twas nice to see everyone coming together at last.

The Gnome wrote:
    Radioactive man in the desert was a bit odd, wasn't he taken away by homeland security? He seems to be learning to control his powers too...

He escaped,it was mentioned at the end of the episode that he was in. Killed everyone in the van as well if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

tvnutz wrote:
    He escaped,it was mentioned at the end of the episode that he was in. Killed everyone in the van as well if i remember correctly.

Ok dumbass question here, but when was the radioactive dude mentioned before? has he already been introduced? Sorry but I watched the first 11 episodes in about a day and a half back in early december and some bits are a bit hazy!

What episode was he in? I`ll definitely have to give it another look!

I wonder what secret the Hatian told Claire? Was great to see him speak I thought!

So I see, just re-watched that one. Can't believe I missed it... I'm getting old :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭sgthighway

For the craic I went to the website that was on the Business Card (i won't post the link here). Go to it and click on Jobs - do you remember what he wrote on the back of the card.:)

A useless bit of info I know but Dan Brown did the same type of thing in his novels.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote:
    For some reason, I doubt that Hiro will be fighting a T-rex, I'd say he has some sort of fight with someone else in a museum or something along those lines.

I CALLED IT!!!!(Well, I got the museum part right at least, that's good enough for me)

Anyway, good episode, Hiro was a laugh again, I was laughing hard when he just said "I'm going to bring this back" and looked so dejected.

• Advertisement

woooo232 wrote:
    Ok dumbass question here, but when was the radioactive dude mentioned before? has he already been introduced? Sorry but I watched the first 11 episodes in about a day and a half back in early december and some bits are a bit hazy!

What episode was he in? I`ll definitely have to give it another look!

I wonder what secret the Hatian told Claire? Was great to see him speak I thought!

I think it was episode 8. Matt was tracking him down,reading his mind...somthing about his wife (not matts wife). The radioactive guys wife had cancer and it was becasue of him. I can't recall all the details to be honest,I only saw the episode once and it was a while ago. But when they started talking about the exploding man and then Peter had his vision,I reckoned it had something to do with Peter possibly absorbing this guys powers and not being able to control them.

New episode was Ok... it was not amazing tho
    I kinda wanted a bit more on syler and when is hiro going to use his sword to kill a dinosaur or maybe use his time bend or slow down just to appear behind someone then chop there head off. i don't think he will use it like that tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hiro is not going to use a sword to kill a dinosaur. Isaacs painting was obviously from the museum......

Enjoyable episode.... Fun exchanges between Matt and Mr. Bennett, the Hiro stuff was great (as usual), and I liked the intro to Claude (Ecclestons character).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

anyopne try reading the graphic novels online, they give you some idea where everything is going next.

TmB wrote:
    Hiro is not going to use a sword to kill a dinosaur. Isaacs painting was obviously from the museum......

We didnt even see him kill it i know it was from the museum i would just love to see him do it, i was joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

The Gnome wrote:

????:
    Maybe he will be able to "understand" how the cockroach got into the cell in the first place to allow him to replicate the action to help him get out.

It's a bit of a stretch, I know :rolleyes:

i thought we didnt have to spoiler tag our ideas only if we actually read ahead?

the cockroach? i thought syler could only take the mind/powers of other people who are "special"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

User45701 wrote:
    i thought we didnt have to spoiler tag our ideas only if we actually read ahead?

the cockroach? i thought syler could only take the mind/powers of other people who are "special"

That's what we know so far. The cockroach is probably just a red herring.

I said it was a stretch :)

mikeruurds wrote:
    That's what we know so far. The cockroach is probably just a red herring.

I said it was a stretch :)

Interesting theory, I was thinking it could be a red herring too but they lingered on it a little bit too long.

We also don't know what other powers Sylar has.... maybe he can control insects? :D

COCKROACH SWARM, ATTACK!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good episode. i want to know what that Haitian is playing at. why didnt he do everything that he was asked to
    TmB wrote:
    Claude (Ecclestons character).

i knew he would be in it at some point but i didnt recognise him

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i want to know what that Haitian is playing at. why didnt he do everything that he was asked to

I'm going out on a limb but I'd say he's working for the "greater good" or some other lark. Perhaps he's the one using Mr. Bennett and not visa versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

never thought of that

interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

The Gnome wrote:

If I remember rightly, the first time we see Mohinder he is giving a speech to the students in his class about how cockroaches could withstand radioactivity and how we could suppose that if God was a creature on Earth, then he would be a cockroach. Something along those lines...

That's the only link I can make!

EDIT: Found the quote on tv.com:

Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach.

Hmm ye fair enough so he can go a week or two with no food fake weakness and refuse to eat then he an escape while they are off guard

User45701 wrote:
    Hmm ye fair enough so he can go a week or two with no food fake weakness and refuse to eat then he an escape while they are off guard

I'll have to have another look but I think it was mentioned that he was also heavily drugged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The doctor said he was on a drug regime that would kill him if they kept it up.

One question though , can Peter dream the future? thats two different views of the future he's had now (the dreams of flying and the dream of the explosion). Could he be soakign that power from someone we dont know about yet? (the daughter of the sick man from the beginning?).

LoLth wrote:
    One question though , can Peter dream the future? thats two different views of the future he's had now (the dreams of flying and the dream of the explosion). Could he be soakign that power from someone we dont know about yet? (the daughter of the sick man from the beginning?).

That sounds plausible, Mohinder said that newly evolved creatures tend to be drawn to each other. And the fact that both Peter and Isaac are so attracted to her may be a sort of natural selection because she is powerful too. Just like DL and Niki.

Though Simone wasn't around when he first got his vision of exploding. Peter's power seems to be empathic as he connected with his brother on the night of his accident and Simone's father on the night he died. So he could have picked up on eccelston's character in his dream due to the fact that eccelston was nearby.

I really hope they have Eccelston locked into a contrat for all the episodes his charcter is intended to be in.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

i think Peter got sick in the first place that time was because of the amount of people he had interacted with that day who have powers like

thinking in 24 hours he had nathan, claire, sylar, isaac and hiro (there is prob more - just cant think!!)
    - maybe he managed to see what sylar has planned???
    - maybe the all just took its tool on him - just crossed my mind!

i love how this show has so may questions - in a good way like!!

I LOVED when Hiro and Nathan were talking in Isaac's apartment and he was trying to say "villian" loved it!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

******** EPISODE 13 ********

Cool, Suluuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :D

Do you think Hiro ever noticed growing up that his dad bore a likeness to a certain character from his favourite tv show? :)

ye im surprised he didnt notice that aswell!

Great episode the whole thing. Clares moms power is brilliant and will be used well id say i like the way the mike shows his da his power. I wonder will there be any people we are introduced to who will be VERY VERY old like some old man or woman around 98 or 102 who has a power the first person to get a power or something

I relay enjoyed them all today heroes prison break sg1 and sga all top notch! 9,1/2 out of 10 all together

• Advertisement
Advertisement