Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coin throwing goons are back.

• 11-11-2006 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

The 4th offical at the Newport County game has just been hit by a coin with some force, ended up getting Ko'ed and sent to hospital. This is at least the third such incident in the last week with West Ham-Arsenal and Fulham-Everton matches under investigation.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Apparently Van Persie was hit by a 2p. Interesting to know that along with being assholes they are also cheapskates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Those 2ps are the largest coins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Although not the heaviest. The £1 coin will cause more damage than 2p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Did anyone see what happened with Rooney and the fan today? Looked nothing in the end but there was a scramble to separate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have to say, while people who throw stuff are total scumbags, how much of a pansy is van persie? He went down like someone had levelled him from behind with a bat. The city player that was hit (cant remember who) just under the eye at least didnt overstate it.

I think van persie thought he was in with a shout for a peno.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Have to say, while people who throw stuff are total scumbags, how much of a pansy is van persie? He went down like someone had levelled him from behind with a bat.

It's the most laughable thing in the world for somebody on an internet forum to call somebody a pansy because he fell to the ground after somebody hit him with a coin.

PHB wrote:
    It's the most laughable thing in the world for somebody on an internet forum to call somebody a pansy because he fell to the ground after somebody hit him with a coin.

How do you figure?

Ive been hit with a lot worse in my time. It was quite obvious he was milking it. Just like players over reacting to tackles, he went down for a couple of seconds then back to his feet, right as rain. In this case it just seemed pointless as, as much as I loath players over-reacting to get other players booked/sent off, they do it for the above reason, there just didnt seem any reason to over play the incident. Fair enough, rub your head, show your dicust, draw it to the attention of the ref/police and try get the guy kicked out/arrested, but to drop to the ground and roll around like he was looking for a penalty just seemed ridiculous.

I mean the ref in Scotland that was split open didnt react half as bad as Van Persie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Those coins hurt especially when they hit the back of the head.
    there just didnt seem any reason to over play the incident.

Yet you Mr Detective ascertain that he was faking it for no apparent reason then to act like a pansy...and to act like a pansy so that people like yourself would know that he is a pansy...

Riiiight:rolleyes:

Well trust a liverpool fan to try and act hard. They have a history of being the worst of the worst for being scumbags.

What do united fans call them again..

Oh yea murderers..

jank wrote:
    Those coins hurt especially when they hit the back of the head.

Yet you Mr Detective ascertain that he was faking it for no apparent reason then to act like a pansy...and to act like a pansy so that people like yourself would know that he is a pansy...

Riiiight:rolleyes:

Well trust a liverpool fan to try and act hard. They have a history of being the worst of the worst for being scumbags.

What do united fans call them again..

Oh yea murderers..

Very mature.:rolleyes:

Who Van Persie plays for and who I support had nothing to do with my opinion on this.

I'm also no doctor but from experience, a quick roll on the ground never healed me of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Considering that 4th official was knocked out, it seems fairly possible that getting hit might have hurt Van Persie a bit...

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Very mature.:rolleyes:

Who Van Persie plays for and who I support had nothing to do with my opinion on this.

I'm also no doctor but from experience, a quick roll on the ground never healed me of anything.

Not at all. This thread was about scumbags who throw coins at players and officals yet you go on that Van Persie was rolling aroud the ground just to get attention thus taking the origianl topic off track.
    Congrats for that

But What good would it have done van persie "milking it"?
    For what now exactly could it achieved??
    Please explain cause nobody here has yet to agree with you.

Considering that 4th official was knocked out, it seems fairly possible that getting hit might have hurt Van Persie a bit...

?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4310235578738913197&q=hugh+dallas

But What good would it have done van persie "milking it"? Thats exactly what I said.
    For what now exactly could it achieved?? Exactly what I was wondering
    Please explain cause nobody here has yet to agree with you. It's an opinion, people dont have to agree with it. I'm sure everyone on here hasnt agreed with everything you've ever posted.

There wasnt even a point to me posting about it, I was just bemused as to why he reacted like that. I would assume the person who threw it was trying to hurt him, so to over react it probably gave th eperson some sense of achievement (who knows what scumbags think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mod: Less of the ****e lads.

If i was playing and got hit by something other than a body part i imagine the reaction would be more shock than anything else, didnt VP but i imagine a coin hurled about 50 feet would hurt.

When i was a kid all the kids on my road were ninjas at throwing rocks we could hit poles from 150 feet etc: The skill required to hit a moving target with a coin is unreal, do these people practice :confused:

kdjac

That was the £1 coin

Exactly, a lot bigger than the what? (2p) Vp was hit with.

Anyway, in the interest of sanity, i'll leave it there.

Your theory that if one person shrugs off getting hit in the head by a coin, better then others then EVERYBODY should be able to shrug it off.

Like saying if a man punches another man and doesn't knock him out, then nobody should ever get knocked out if punched....
    Thats basicly your theory, that no matter what variables are attached to the incident the sole outcome should be the same..

I suppose the ref was "milking it" too
    Maybe Hugh Dallas was milking it too.
    How dare he bleed!!

Your theory/opinion has so many holes in it it resembles swiss cheese.
    *Ba Dum Tish*

KdjaCL wrote:
    The skill required to hit a moving target with a coin is unreal, do these people practice :confused:

I wouldnt have thought so. The idea of some sort of organised coin throwing millitia is a bit daunting mind. Its one thing that would be very difficult to ban in grounds (coins I mean, not the act of throwing them.

"paper money only" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Although not the heaviest. The £1 coin will cause more damage than 2p.
    a £1 coin could do serious damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As good as Stekellys accuisation that Van Perise went down easy. Its definitly doesnt top some poster who said that Dida went down very easy when he got hockyed with the flare during the Inter match in the champions league last year.

I dont know how big 1stg coins our, but any coin hit the bag top part of your head would hurt like hell.

motd just showed footage from the swansea game, 4th official hit with a coin. It seems to be happening fairly frequently all of a sudden. thats about 4 this week is it not?

Mark lawrenson talking about having nets put up to stop it. Theres a good chance all the holes might make them a bit redundant tho.

I woonder is it one of those things that seems to have a few of the same incident in a row then dissapears again or the start of a bad period where it escalates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stekelly wrote:
    how much of a pansy is van persie?

how many coins would it take to level you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

1stg coins are a bit smaller than a euro coin but at least twice as thick and heavy, ideal for throwing tbh, cant see a 2p coin gaining any momentum.

Maybe the Pats Casuals (one of the great EL windups) were sent over to disrupt English football having picked up the basics growing up in Inchicore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stekelly wrote:
    Mark lawrenson talking about having nets put up to stop it. Theres a good chance all the holes might make them a bit redundant tho.
    LOL.

Obviously the mesh in the nets would be fine enough so as to make sure they'd stop coins and the like passing through.

On the subject of English 1 pound coins, AFAIK, during the height of the hooligan days it was quite common for certain "fans" to sharpen the £1 coins before they brought them to game so that they would cause the most damage once thrown.

BaZmO* wrote:
    LOL.

Obviously the mesh in the nets would be fine enough so as to make sure they'd stop coins and the like passing through.

On the subject of English 1 pound coins, AFAIK, during the height of the hooligan days it was quite common for certain "fans" to sharpen the £1 coins before they brought them to game so that they would cause the most damage once thrown.

When you get to nets tight enough to not let coins through, your bordering on having a sheet though. They'll have to project the match onto the sheet so people can see.:)

Happend in the barrow brighton game aswell. Although the brighton striker getting his jaw broken by a left hook from the barrow defender was alot worse.

BaZmO* wrote:
    LOL.

When you get to nets tight enough to not let coins through, your bordering on having a sheet though. They'll have to project the match onto the sheet so people can see.:)

The type of person that takes the time to sharpen a coin beforehand should be banned for life, the only thing worse than being a scumbag, is being a scumbag who plans in advance.
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    how many coins would it take to level you?

2p's? probably a bagfull, there really isnt much in them.

I've have a 3 foot piece of copper hit me (the end of it not side on) square on the forehead, on the hairline and gouge a nice neat circle which bled a lot for about half an hour. I think i'd manage a coin. I dont think I'm any more sturdy on my feet than the nexty guy, but there was never a question of my dropping on the ground after it hit, I certinly wouldnt have been rolling around.

Happend in the barrow brighton game aswell. Although the brighton striker getting his jaw broken by a left hook from the barrow defender was alot worse.

Sounds like an eventfull game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stekelly wrote:
    I've have a 3 foot piece of copper hit me (the end of it not side on) square on the forehead, on the hairline and gouge a nice neat circle which bled a lot for about half an hour. I think i'd manage a coin. I dont think I'm any more sturdy on my feet than the nexty guy, but there was never a question of my dropping on the ground after it hit, I certinly wouldnt have been rolling around.

but hey, you the man :rolleyes:

I dont know how big 1stg coins our, but any coin hit the bag top part of your head would hurt like hell.

£1 coin weighs 9.5 grams,heavy bloody things when you`ve a hand full in your pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stekelly wrote:
    Don't be silly. They have netting at Serie A games that are fine enough to not let coins through but you can see through them just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Stekelly wrote:
    people who throw stuff are total scumbags,

Thats exactly what I was banned for saying last week.

hang on joe.

let me get my violin out.

ouch

hang on joe.

let me get my violin out.

Is it the worlds smallest? :)

it sure is.

P.S Has your Scott Parker fetish been replaced by a Bale one now? I notice your quite fond of him.

it sure is.

P.S Has your Scott Parker fetish been replaced by a Bale one now? I notice your quite fond of him.

Anyone who scores a last minute equaliser against Roy Keane is a definite hero. And no, my Parker fetish is still very much alive. :D

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Anyone who scores a last minute equaliser against Roy Keane is a definite hero. :D

Thats a very good point.

just for you joe,contain yourself now

parker.jpg

county wrote:
    just for you joe,contain yourself now

parker.jpg

Sure its my wallpaper...

and I don't mean my PC wallpaper. :D

Advertisement