Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Watford on Setanta!

• 11-11-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭

OMG :eek: :eek: What a shocking production! The commentators are terrible! The camera is in a terrible position! and the sound is awful!

Its painful to watch!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

How can Setanta do anything about the camera position? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lol sky control all the camera!! But yes, Setanta is so bad. Makes sky look like good value tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are the sky fixed cameras not in a set position for every game? I cant say I've had a problem with the sky angles on any match in stamford bridge before (didnt see the match today)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The problem with Setanta isn't the camera, it's the quality they broadcast on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The commentating is crap, sometimes they do lose the feed aswell, but its still better then nothing, or some chinses stream that has a 3 minute delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The camera is in a terrible position!
    LOL

So if you were over in the States watching a Premiership match on American TV would you blame the Americans for the bad camera angles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The camera is in a terrible position!

you can't blame Setanta for the cameras. did the adverts satisfy you or do you want to moan about those too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mossy Monk wrote:
    you can't blame Setanta for the cameras. did the adverts satisfy you or do you want to moan about those too

I just thought that it was a terrible production, how is a normal block who sits down to watch the match supposed to know that the camera is positioned by sky etc.

It all looked alot less professional than sky thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes, the whole Setanta production is a load of balls. can't disagree with that. picture quality is ****, no widescreen, terrible commentators, useless studio discussion and their love affair with Chelsea and Manchester United. but the pictures seen on setanta are seen all over the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The camera position was different to what they usually use at Stamford Bridge though, I'm fairly sure of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The mix between the commentators and the crowd noise was ****e... Hearing the crown loud and clear adds atmosphere. But with the chelsea match you had to turn up the volume to hear the crowd, but that meant a louder commentator:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What really bugs me about Setanta is that they only broadcast in 4:3 aspect ratio. Even though the majority of their feeds are from Widescreen 16:9 sources!

Apart from that, I'm quite happy with Setanta as they do allow me to see games that I wouldn't usually get to see. But at the rate they are going, people will start to get frustrated at their production quality and just stop watching matches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Feck it. We're getting a PPV channel for free. Well, unless you have the package on Sky. :)

Always e-mail them with your feedback btw. They let go SPL commentators Mark Hateley and Jock Brown and got in Ian Crocker because of the many e-mails they received from viewers. I'm sure they'll invest in better technology in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Setanta picture and sound quality is poor alright. I'll only watch it if Everton are on Setanta or its a good game. I'm out most saturday afternoons anyway.

This is a very good article from the BBC Match of the Day Editor about who covers what between Sky and BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2006/10/post_6.html

Replies at the bottom of the page answer a lot of questions as well.... Good Blog to keep an eye on.

Advertisement