Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber Band Trick

Options
  • 11-11-2006 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else done this or has anyone else had this problem with the laser not booting backups??

I just used the girlfriends go-go. I took the core of the go-go out and used that because it is a kind of fabric. I was afraid the rubber band trick would melt.
    Does anyone think the go-go could go on fire at any stage??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

are you telling me that this trick really works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Oh ya, it works like a charm *on smasung drives*, basically all you are doing is stopping the laser from going all the way to end of the barrel as this is what happens some backup, thus causing the laser to read parts of the disc where nothing is written.

I just done like the idea of having a piece of fabric inside the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I doubt it would get hot enough inside a DVD drive to catch fire. I would say the gogo is safe enough in that respect ;)

Advertisement