Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Championship Thread (will contain scores)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Todays Fixtures:

Birmingham City -v- Preston NE 3.00
    Cardiff City -v- Ipswich Town 3.00
    Coventry City -v- Burlney 3.00
    Crystal Palace -v- Colchester Utd 3.00
    Leeds United -v- Derby County 3.00
    Norwich City -v- Sheffield Wed 3.00
    Plymouth Argyle -v- Hull City 3.00
    Southend Utd -v- Southampton 3.00
    Stoke City -v- QPR 3.00
    Sunderland -v- Luton Town 3.00
    Wolves -v- Leicester City 3.00

Leeds V Derby s being streamed live on the net. Download a program called TVANTS and then the link to the match is HERE

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sounds like Leeds are getting their asses kicked. Just a normal Saturday afternoon then...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Leeds were absolutely rubbish in the first half. I was embarrassed watching them play. I was better much better in the second half but wasnt good enough. Wise really has to start playing Carole on the right because the midfield offers nothing in creativity.

Leicester score a last minute goal as well to totally ruin my Saturday. :mad:

Luton Town v Southend is on tonight live on Sky Sports.

Saturdays Fixtures are:

Burnley -v- Sunderland 3.00
    Colchester U -v- Stoke City 3.00
    Derby County -v- Crystal Palace 3.00
    Hull City -v- Cardiff City 3.00
    Ipswich Town -v- Leeds United 3.00
    Leicester C -v- Barnsley 3.00
    Preston NE -v- Plymouth Argyle 3.00
    QPR -v- Wolverhampton W 3.00
    Sheff Weds -v- Birmingham City 3.00
    Southampton -v- Norwich City 3.00
    West Brom Alb -v- Coventry City 3.00

There will be a minutes silence before the Ipswich V Leeds game for the 5 women that have been killed in the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Another big game for Saints, though every game seems to be a big one these days. :p

Hopefully GB will put Jesus back in at right-back, he seems to be our lucky charm recently.

Southampton 0-1 Norwich

Hull are 2-0 up against Cardiff as well. Thats not good for Leeds

3-0 to Hull now, Norwich had scored with their first attack but Bale equalised with another free-kick.

I've a 10 minute compilation of Bale to upload later. He hit the bar today as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

WTF? 3-0 Hull now :eek:

Colchester 2-0 to the good against Stoke, nothing is going to stop these underdogs is it

**** Sake :mad:

Ipswich score right on half time, they have done nothing until that!

• Advertisement

Colchester 2-0 to the good against Stoke, nothing is going to stop these underdogs is it

They've scored the most goals in the division, a great record. Plenty of people will be thinking "who?" if/when they make the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    They've scored the most goals in the division, a great record. Plenty of people will be thinking "who?" if/when they make the playoffs.

If they keep their form up, they will be in play-offs. Geraint Williams is doing the most sensational job with such limited resources. Just imagine if they did eventually get promoted with their 6,000 sized stadium!

Just imagine if they did eventually get promoted with their 6,000 sized stadium!

That would be amazing, they'd deserve it just for the job Williams has done.

Half-time stats from Saints game...

Goal Attempts 14 : 2 Goal Attempts
    On Target 7 : 1 On Target
    Crosses 8 : 4 Crosses
    Corners 6 : - Corners
    Offside 2 : 3 Offside
    Fouls 6 : 9 Fouls
    Free kicks 12 : 8 Free kicks
    Yellow cards - : - Yellow cards
    Red cards - : - Red cards
    % Possession 52 : 48 Possession %

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Diving around the box to attract the attention of Bale with his free kicks.

kensutz wrote:
    Diving around the box to attract the attention of Bale with his free kicks.

Rudi doesn't dive any more. :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4861978.stm

Crofty is back. Hopefully will give us a good outlet now on the wing. He was in brilliant form until the injury he got at Stoke.

• Advertisement

Leeds are totally dominating the game now but we just dont have that quality up front. I think Wise needs to bring on Healy and Carole to try and add something to the side.

2-1 the Saints! Kenwyne scores and shows Earnie how to celebrate properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Saints winning - Jones

We better not blow this, Davis just made a great save. I figure that if scores stay the same then we can go 4th with a win.

4-1 Hull, incredible, as is Colchester 3-0 Stoke.

Stoke have won 7 and drawn 1 in their last 8 games. You just can't predict anything in this league.

Kevin Nicholls sent off for Leeds. Two Yellow cards in two minutes :mad:

• Advertisement

Saints hanging on, I don't know why because we've dominated for the most of the match. Davis has made two great saves now.

Can see us blowing it.

Phew! Excellent win. Its so tight from around 2nd to mid-table, but we're looking very strong.

COYR!

Sunderland get 2 late goals, Keano has a team of battlers.....!

FT at Portman Rd, Leeds lose again.

Leeds lose again. Absolute joke, second bottom now!

Huge game at home to Hull City next saturday, lose that and we are going down.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Leeds lose again. Absolute joke, second bottom now!

Huge game at home to Hull City next saturday, lose that and we are going down.

Home advantage should pull ya's through, although they'll be on a high after today's result....beating Cardiff 4-1...strange league

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Home advantage should pull ya's through, although they'll be on a high after today's result....beating Cardiff 4-1...strange league

Yeah, as JoeSoap says anybody really can beat anybody in this league. You just have to see how close everybody is. At least Barnsley lost today so Leeds didnt slip further behind.

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Keano has a team of battlers.....!

Bottlers you mean?

:p

MrJoeSoap wrote:

ha ha

not one of bale's best though methinks???

p_larkin99 wrote:
    not one of bale's best though methinks???

They all count :D

Especially that one. Not a huge Roy Keane fan, as you will see from earlier in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

B'ham look great now are a shaky past few months.

This is how i think it will finish
    1. b'ham
    2. Saints
    3. Derby
    4. Wednesday
    5. Stoke(if they keep there loan player for the season)
    6. Colchester(it wont happen, but i hope it does)

I acutally think sunderland will scrap the 6th spot, but i hope its colchester.

• Advertisement

Which do you prefer?

For so many years we battled and battled against the drop, some truly memorable occasions and miraculous escapes. Now that we have finally found ourselves outside the top-flight, however, we've discovered a new and improved way to give ourselves heart complications... a promotion battle!

Which is more enjoyable, do you think? I'm actually really starting to like this league, its competitive edge, its decent standard of football and the topsy-turvy matches like today's game. Did we spend years and years trying to avoid going down, only to find that life outside the Premiership wasn't as drab and dreary as we might have expected?

Now don't get me wrong, I want to get back into the Premiership as much as any Saints fan, but I have to say I'm enjoying these games so much that I might miss this league when Chelsea's billions are destroying us at the Bridge!

I agree Joe, in fact I like the Championship so much now that I watch more Championship games than I do Prmiership games. Its the gulf in Quality between the top sides and the bottom sides in the Premiership that I dont like. Its very very unlikely that you would ever see Watford going to Stamford Bridge and getting a win wehere you could quit easily see the bottom clubs in the Championship going to the top clubs and getting wins, just look at Hulls 4-1 demolition of Cardiff yesterday.

The league is very close and you will be hard pushed to pick who is going to go up and who is going to get relegated. If you string three wins together then you fly up the table because its so close. Its a very hard league to get out of andsadly it looks as if Leeds will be stuck in it for a few years yet, thats if we avoid relegation of course.

For entertainment value I will take the Championship everytime, even if it doesnt have the standard of the Premiership.

Southend Utd vs Birmingham City
    Away
    Wolves vs Norwich City
    Draw
    Sheffield Wed vs Southampton
    Home
    QPR vs Barnsley
    Draw
    Preston vsColchester Utd
    Away
    Plymouth Argyle vs West Brom
    Home
    Luton Town vs Coventry City
    Draw
    Leicester City vs Cardiff City
    Draw
    Leeds United vs Hull City
    Away
    Ipswich Town vs Stoke City
    Away
    Crystal Pal. vs Sunderland
    Away
    Burnley vs Derby County
    Away

Sorry:p king and joe!

No bother, I probably agree with you on our result anyway. I'm not doing any predicting on this crazy league though!

Sorry:p king and joe!

Harsh :D

No I think the Leeds game will be very close and Leeds tend not to do well in Yorkshire derbies. Still though I think this is the biggest game Leeds have played this season and one that the players have to win. if we lose then we are in serious trouble and will probably go down. The fixtures we have after this game are all very tough so we wont be picking up that many points.

By the way the Leeds game kicks off at Midday and it is being streamed live on the internet if anyone wants to watch it. Just go to the URL below tomorrow and the link will be up there.

http://www.myp2p.eu/Saturday.htm

why the 12 kick off? Police want it that way?

why the 12 kick off? Police want it that way?

Yeah so the fans arent tanked up before going into the match. Kicked off at 12 last year as well I think.

Half-Time and its 0-0. Leeds have been the better but its clear that both sides are very poor. Kandol had a header saved when he should have scored. Eddie Lewis is the best player on the pitch.

Young Johnny Howson who is making his debut is playing well. He is intelligent on the ball and picks out some good passes. Leeds can win this if we keep at it but need to be slightly more intelligent with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

so a 0-0

doesnt really help us, if barnsley win today we will be in real trouble

Final Score 0-0. Useless again and im sad to say that Hull finished the better side. We just have nothin going forward, no creativity in the side at all.

Based on that performance, we are going down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eugh, thats not good. Lets hope that Barnsley dont win, that might soften the blow, but the problem is theres no space between the teams in the relegation zone. Apart from Southend anyway.

Wonder will Wise make it beyond the end of this season? Needs vast improvement in January transfers anyway. Get a few cheap permanent players in, not loan players.

Mushy wrote:
    Get a few cheap permanent players in, not loan players.

Totally agree with this. I dont see the point in loan players at all. If they are not good enugh to get a game at another Championship side the why are they good enough for Leeds? People like Ehogu are just using us to get fit and dont care if we lose or not.

Things are looking very bad and as you say, unless we get some players in January then we are screwed. Who is gonna wanna sign for a side second bottom of the Championship though?

B'ham and Norwich both one up.

well done joe. southampton take the lead at wednesday. Rasiak with the goal.

Grzegorz the legend, so bloody lazy but so bloody effective! Bale apparently had a sensational assist...

All over Wolves from the start and Earnie just hit the bar

• Advertisement

QPR Beating Barnsley, good stuff!!

2-0 Saints, Kenny Jones!!! :p

Edit/// 2-1 now, 60 seconds later! Glenn Whelan

2-1 now.

1-1 here, there's mayhem because of a contraversial decision.

Get in there!!! Earnie with the second and what a goal it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement