Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Championship Thread (will contain scores)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

keeper crossley scores a 90th minute equaliser for wednesday v southamton

joe will not be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

county wrote:
    joe will not be happy

Wasn't hugely confident going into the game that we'd win so I'm not overly disappointed.

We've only lost once in our last ten so our form is still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MrJoeSoap, lot of stuff bout your favourite player of late Gareth Bale getting a big move to the Premiership. Saw this thing on the Sunday Independent about what clubs need who, and he was high on the list of many clubs. Gonna be tough to hang on to him

Yeah its going to be pretty much impossible. I'm well used to it though. Hopefully he'll stay and at least give us a decent push for promotion, and then...

who knows!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Here is todays lineup of matches:
    Southampton     -v- Crystal Pal     12.00
    Cardiff City        -v- Plymouth Arg  1.00
    Barnsley            -v- Burlney          3.00
    Birmingham City  -v- QPR               3.00
    Colchester Utd   -v- Luton Town     3.00
    Coventry City     -v- Ipswich Town  3.00
    Derby County     -v- Wolves           3.00
    Hull City             -v- Leicester C     3.00
    Norwich City       -v- Southend Utd  3.00
    Stoke City          -v- Sheff Wed      3.00
    Sunderland         -v- Leeds Utd       3.00
    West Brom Alb     -v- Preston NE     3.00

Its a big game for Leeds. We really have to avoid defeat because its vital that we dont lose anymore ground on Barnsley. Things are getting pretty critical at Leeds and the next 6 games are very difficult. A point earned away to Sunderland would be a good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

connolly makes it 1-0 to sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

county wrote:
    keeper crossley scores a 90th minute equaliser for wednesday v southamton

joe will not be happy

I was there too !!!! Almost felt like a win.

Had to wait til today for the real 3 points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Watched Leeds Vs Sunderland. I can't believe that Leeds have gotten so bad so quickly. Not to mention, Wise has instilled a very dirty and negative aspect to their game. They didn't even try to play football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

cheerio leeds.

Another great win by wednesday.

cheerio leeds.

Another great win by wednesday.

I totally agree on both counts.

2nd funniest goalkeeping moment btw last saturday was Crossley came out to take a goal kick and he pulls out this kicking cone, cos hes got a poorly hamstring. Never seen it before. The ref makes him chuck it away sharpish like.

Anyway 'Up the Owls' is about all i can say, long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Maybe its just me but why isnt there weekly thread on the championship fixtures? I avoid reading this even though its related to games i have seen just big threads put people off.

Just my opinion :)

kdjac

I prefer this to a weekly thread to be honest. Easier to look back through and useful for some general chat and craic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I totally agree on both counts.

2nd funniest goalkeeping moment btw last saturday was Crossley came out to take a goal kick and he pulls out this kicking cone, cos hes got a poorly hamstring. Never seen it before. The ref makes him chuck it away sharpish like.

Anyway 'Up the Owls' is about all i can say, long may it continue.

this run of form is exciting me so much.
    i do feel we are now a difficult team to beat, but are we peaking too early?
    its a long way to may...

dont mention the "p" word!
    UTO

KdjaCL wrote:
    Maybe its just me but why isnt there weekly thread on the championship fixtures? I avoid reading this even though its related to games i have seen just big threads put people off.

kdjac

Stick this thread in the useful links sticky will ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Rollo Tomassi decided to have a pop at me for starting a new weeks fixtures up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

cheerio leeds.

I beginning to believe your right. Bloody useless again. I really think that Wise is not the right man for the job. Same old story with Leeds though. we have appointed the wrong manager every time since George Graham.

I prefer the one big thread because you can have all sorts of stuff in the thread and a bit of general chat and banter.

Tough trip to stoke aswell on saturday. Anything from that game will be a great result but i cant see it happening. 2 or 3 nil to stoke i would say.

Wise probaly wasnt a great choice considering none of the fans wanted him. It will come down to your signings in January. southend look gone already. But with a 5 point gap already between relegation and safety your lot and Hull need to start getting the fingers out.

I think hull might pick up a win this weekend. Barnsley will have a tough task picking up any points at home to wednesday.

Yeah Wednesday are flying high at the moment and they are playing Barnsley on Saturday and Hull on Monday so they could do Leeds a real favour by winning both those games. Hopefully they can.

I think your right Chucky, cant see us picking up anything at Stoke. Stoke have been very good this season and they beat us 4-0 in Elland Road. With Dennis Wise's team choices becoming more and more strange then I really cant see us getting anything.

Hull are at home to Burnley who Barnsley beat so I think Hull will get at least a draw in that game. Things are looking desperate at Leeds at the moment and I think January is the most important month in the clubs History. Sadly though, who is going to want to join a team 5 points from safety at the bottom of the Championship?

I have started a thread in the gambling forum dedicated to the championship. Always handy to have a few more inputs into the league so heres a link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055033961

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Was hoping Sol Davis was gonna nick a winner on the 'stroke' of full time......

I'll get my coat....

7,500 Owls fans off to make the Dingles ground look full.

Wish i was still there.

Hopefully we can do L**ds a little favour. ;)

1-0 to wednesday at half time.

2-0 wednesday.
    wayne andrews (11 mins) and chris brunt (59 mins)

make that 3-0 - Steve MacLean (67 mins), disasterous mistake by the defender anthony kaye.
    up the owls

edit - Now full time ,final score 3-0.

Happy days.

See you all at Wembley!!

• Advertisement

Norwich 1 - 0 QPR

About time we got a win. We badly needed Safri back in the squad and he did well today, Dion Dublin was man of the match and he is effective as a target man for us as he was in defence. Now time to dread this trip to the dump called Selhurst Park on Monday.

I hate Norwich.

Reason being? :p

Oooh that's unlucky. To be honest it seemed as if it was heading for a draw until Dublin stepped in with a brilliant finish.

• Advertisement

Getting undone by an OAP, harsh.

The man is 37 going on 22. He's unreal and the amount of effort he puts in is second to none. Swansea let me down last weekend for €700+ so didn't bother backing anything this weekend/

always liked him as a player, seemed a decent chap aswell.

Not so fond of him now of though. :D

Didnt see or hear the Leeds match because im over in Purfleet at the darts world championships but another loss it was and the bbd reporter said it was fully deserved. I cant say im surprised. We have relegation written all over us!!

good news for leeds!
    sheffield wednesday equalize against hull , 1-1 now.

derby just taken the lead at preston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Kingp35 wrote:
    Didnt see or hear the Leeds match because im over in Purfleet at the darts world championships but another loss it was and the bbd reporter said it was fully deserved. I cant say im surprised. We have relegation written all over us!!

Oh you lucky bastard, we seem to be playing well, should get the win if they keep their composure

Some big games in the Championship tonight especially involving the relegation threatened teams as Barnsley and QPR meet each other and so do Hull City and Leeds.

Here are tonights fixtures:
    Barnsley -v- QPR 7.45
    Birmingham C -v- Southend Utd 7.45
    Colchester Utd -v- Preston NE 7.45
    Coventry City -v- Luton Town 7.45
    Derby County -v- Burnley 7.45
    Hull City -v- Leeds United 7.45
    Norwich City -v- Wolves 7.45
    Stoke City -v- Ipswich Town 7.45
    Sunderland -v- Crystal Palace 7.45

Easy win for hull i think.

With the team Leeds have out it will take some performance to get a draw even.

Birmingham 1up against Southend :D

1-1 now. Southend making a good go of things lately.

• Advertisement

1-0 to Leeds! Matt Heath :D

Leeds have made a really bright start.

Barnsley are 1up against QPR

Great win for Leeds if they can hold on.

I didnt realse Hull had equalised. Southend 2-1 up.

Leeds winning 2-1, Thompson with a cracking Free kick.

Southend are 3-1 up :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Colin Hawkins made his debut for Coventry, playing the full 90 minutes in their 1-0 win over Luton. Stokes played his second game for Sunderland but they only drew 0-0 with Palace.

Advertisement