Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB case for the HD from my Dell Inspiron 8600

Options
  • 11-11-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, I don't know too much about these things, but is my dell 8600 3.5" harddrive compatable with all hard drive cases?

And hence can someone recommend a good case that could connect by either USB or firewire?

Thanks everyone, :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You mean the internal HD from the notebook ?

If so the Dell Inspiron 8600 uses 2.5" IDE hard drives either this or this will suffice for plugging the drive into USB externally.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wheatln2

8T8 wrote:
    You mean the internal HD from the notebook ?

If so the Dell Inspiron 8600 uses 2.5" IDE hard drives either this or this will suffice for plugging the drive into USB externally.

Ah yes, meant to say that a 2.5" case is actually what I need. That second link, the eMagic one looks pretty spot on as it can run off just one (or 2) usb ports, or an ac source. Thanks for the recommendation.

Incidentally, I presume these cases just load up as an extra external device and are managed as an extra drive (e.g. appearing as the F: and can be "safely removed" from the taskbar?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Correct.

Advertisement