Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

indicator gone mad!

Options
  • 11-11-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

My left indicator on my astra has all of a sudden started flashing about 3 times as fast as normal. the bulds are all still working. is this a fuse or is the switch on the way out? Its extremely annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Scruff wrote:
    My left indicator on my astra has all of a sudden started flashing about 3 times as fast as normal. the bulds are all still working. is this a fues or is the switch on the way out? Its extremely annoying.
    Did you check the little side-wing mounted bulbs (if any)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of the bulbs must be blown or the wiring to one is dodgy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yer right. had just looked at the front and back ones and hadnt even thought of the side one. cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Scruff wrote:
    My left indicator on my astra has all of a sudden started flashing about 3 times as fast as normal. the bulds are all still working. is this a fuse or is the switch on the way out? Its extremely annoying.

Is your car a VW Golf or a Polo by any chance???

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

He mentions Astra which is a bit of a give away:D

Anyhooo. You could have a bad ground on one of your light units. If it's not the side bulb. Turn on your side lights get somebody to press the brakes and turn on the left indicator. If your ground is faulty you should see your bulbs doing wired things like brake lights dimming and fog light coming on. stuff like that. Hope it's just a bulb cos it's a bit easier to fix. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

endplate wrote:
    He mentions Astra which is a bit of a give away:D

Anyhooo. You could have a bad ground on one of your light units. If it's not the side bulb. Turn on your side lights get somebody to press the brakes and turn on the left indicator. If your ground is faulty you should see your bulbs doing wired things like brake lights dimming and fog light coming on. stuff like that. Hope it's just a bulb cos it's a bit easier to fix. Good luck

Your flasher unit is away mate, that's the gizmo that controls the flash rate. Cost is pretty low for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Do modern cars still use flasher units???? Just presumed they would be a little old fashion in this microchip age

Advertisement