Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being the booker...

• 11-11-2006 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Whilst reading a Q & A post on Lance Storm's site a fan asked him this question...

If you were starting a new wrestling promotion to compete with WWE and had a WCW-type bankroll, which wrestlers would you sign as the cornerstones of your organizations?

His reply was...
    I don’t like the compete with WWE concept but if I had the finances and were to run a company these would likely be on my to hire list, assuming I could hire them, in no particular order:
    My Announce Team: Joey Style & Don Callis
    My Creative Team: Myself, Don Callis, Terry Taylor
    Agents: Myself, Terry Taylor, Fit Finlay
    Talent: Chris Jericho, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Somoa Joe, Christian, Chris Benoit, Fit Finlay, Gregory Helms, Edge, Orton, Shelton Benjamin, MNM as a group again, Rey Mysterio, C.M. Punk, RVD, Bryan Danielson. I would likely also look closer at some Japanese and Mexican talent.

Using the same premise as above, here would be my choices...

My Announce Team: Joey Styles, Tazz & Booker T
    My Creative Team: Myself, Paul Heyman
    Agents: Fit Finlay, Pat Patterson
    Talent: Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Finlay, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, LAX, Super Crazy, Carlito, Edge, Jillian Hall, MNM, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, RVD.
    Main feuds I'd focus on: Benoit vs Joe, Punk vs Edge, Angle vs Styles

What would YOU all do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Interesting idea alright!

My Announce Team: Joey Styles, Tazz & JBL
    My Creative Team: Paul Heyman, Jim Cornette (assuming they could get along!) and Terry Taylor
    Agents: Bret Hart, Lance Storm, Dean Malenko, Steve Corino
    Talent: CM Punk, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Jay Lethal, Chris Benoit, Fit Finlay, William Regal, Edge, Christian, Rhino, Hiroshi Tanahashi, TAKA Michinoku, Raven, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, KENTA, Homicide, Christopher Daniels, M-Dogg 20, Colt Cobana and Fergal Devitt! What a roster!
    Main feuds I'd focus on: Punk vs Angle, Castagnoli and Hero vs KENTA and Benoit, Danielson vs Finlay, Colt vs Edge

That, I would watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My Announce Team: Jim Ross and anybody
    My Creative Team: Jim Cornette
    Agents: Bret Hart, Arn Anderson, Terry Funk and Bobby Heenan
    Talent: Rey Mysterio, Micheals, Benoit, Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Cena, Edge, Melina, Ric Flair, Johnny Nitro and Christopher Daniels.
    Main feuds I'd focus on: Samoa Joe v Shawn Michaels, AJ Styles v Rey Mysterio,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

my announce team:joey styles and mike tenay (ANYONE but jim ross)
    creative team:jim cornette and paul heyman
    agents:gerry brisco,bret hart,terry funk,paul heyman
    talent:chris jericho,edge,aj styles,samoa joe,benoit,shelton benjamin,cm punk,christopher daniels,jodie fleisch,sting,finlay,william regal,randy orton
    main feuds:chris jericho vs aj styles,edge vs samoa joe,cm punk vs jodie fleisch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

ANNOUNCE TEAM
    ross, coach and bobby the brain.
    CREATIVE
    jim cornette, jerry lawor and eric bishoff
    AGENTS
    paul heyman, eric bishoff and finlay
    TALENT
    edge, hhh, christan, regal,finlay, shelton, carlitto, umaga, jeff hardy, ---they would be my top picks
    FUEDS
    WILL ALWAYS CHANGE.
    FEMALE TALENT
    mickie james, melina, michelle mc cool and kristal.
    GENERAL MANAGER
    eric bishoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Couldnt sleep and came across this thread so sorry for the lenght and possible babbling!

My Announce Team:would have to be taken from the wwe guys, far better then any other promotion in this respect. For 1 shows sake I'd go for Michael Cole and tazz

My Creative Team: Jim Cornette, Terry Taylor, Paul Heyman and Mick Foley has done decent creative work in the past

Agents: Dean Malenko, Finlay, Jerry Lynn and the Franchise

Talent: this is where it gets hard. So to make it easier I'm going to have to break it down like the smack down format with 4 titles and it would be a pick from these guys.

Heavyweight title contenders: From WWE HHH (eventhough hes a cock he still has to get a mention imo)Orton(the future), Edge, Benoit, The Undertaker, Finlay(maybe more intercontinental/high midcarder) and Booker

"Ecw" RVD, Sabu possibly (maybe more suited as high midcarders/Intercontinental champs) The Big Show just for his freak status

From TNA:(struggle for heavyweights) Kurt Angle (main carder by far, will carry Tna to new heights), Samoa Joe and Rhino(High midcarder/Intercontinental champ)

Other: Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho(High Midcarder/Intercontinental Champion)

Intercontinental:WWEJeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, Kane,Matt Hardy,Mr. Kennedy, Rey Mysterio(Top X-division/Intercontinental)
    "ECW" CM Punk
    TNAAJ Styles(Top X-division/Intercontinental), Christian Cage,

X-Division(going too be far too many) WWE Super Crazy, Johnny Nitro,Paul London, Spanky(Brian Kendrick), Jimmy Wang-Yang(Akio)
    "ECW" NO1
    TNA:(Superior here) Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, Jay lethal,Alex Shelley, Petey williams (canadian destroyer is awesome), Amazing Red, Senshi (Lo-ki), Austin Aries (A-Starr)
    Others: Taka Michinoku, Ultimo Dragon, Bryan Danielson (American Dragon)

Tag Teams: WWE Brothers of destruction reform Hardy Boys and reform MNM, maybe DX, Regal and Burchill, Reform Haas and Benjamin for Possibly reform La Resistance
    "ECW"NO1
    TNA:(Again have the best of it) The Dudleys, The New Age Outlaws, LAX, AMW
    Other: Definitely some type of samoan swat team/Head shrinker/3minute warning stable. Edge and Christian. nostalgia a new incarnation of L.O.D with Animal being the leader and 2 new guys dawning the spikes

Main feuds I'd focus on: Always changing ofcourse but the cornerstone feuds would have to be:

Heavyweight: Angle v Lesnar (possibly some of the best matches of all time), HHH v Benoit, Samoa Joe v Orton and throw in a path of destruction by the deadman for that extra bit of spice!

Intercontinental: HBK v Mr.Kennedy, Shelton v Jericho, Sabu v Kane, Christian v RVD

X-division Rey Mysterio v A.J Styles v Senshi - Mainly Ultimate x-style (what a trple threat!), Austin Aries v Brian Danielson, Petey Williams v Chris Sabin, (really any match with any of the guys I mentioned earlier would be awesome)

Tagteam Wouldnt know where to start!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

My Announce Team: Michael Cole & JBL
    My Creative Team: Paul Heyman, Jim Cornette, Eric Bishoff (and myself)
    Agents: Lance Storm, Dean Malenko, Finlay
    Talent: Christian, Booker T, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Chris Benoit, Fit Finlay, William Regal, MNM, Benjamin & Haas, London & Kendrik, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Kane, Ric Flair.
    Main feuds I'd focus on: Jericho v Michaels, Benoit v Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

My Announce Team: Jim Ross, Booker T/JBL
    My Creative Team:Paul Heyman and jim cornette
    Agents: Finlay, Melenko
    Talent: maineventers - hhh,micheals,taker,kane,sabu,rvd,orton,cena,batista,mysterio,big show,lashley.

uppermidcard - edge,benjamin,benoit,finlay,cm punk,sandman,jeff hardy,carlito,matt hardy,mark henry,holly,dreamer.

midcard - umaga,flair,chavo,regal,mike knoxx,test,haas,nitro,mr.kennedy,tatanka,shannon moore,balls mahoney.

lowermidcarders - kenny,helms,noble,vito,thorn,striker,murdoch,cade,kendrik,london,khali,mamaluke.

openers - snitsky,venis,akio,the miz,richards,dupree,viscera,conway,sylvan,funaki,al snow,nunzio.

jobbers - the macallister brothers,the gemni,doring,c.w anderson

divas - micky james,lita,trish,victoria,ashley,kelly kelly,trinity,kristal

Main feuds I'd focus on: world title - mysterio vs sabu,micheals vs rvd,show vs taker vs kane vs batista vs lasley,hhh vs orton vs cena

intercontinental title - cm punk vs matt hardy,carlito vs benjamin vs edge

hardcore title - jeff hardy vs sandman vs dreamer vs holly vs balls

tag titles - london and kendrik vs helms and moore

cruiserweight title - chavo vs kenny,noble vs nunzio

womens title - james vs lita vs trish vs victoria

others - benoit vs regal vs finlay,mark henry vs khali vs umaga,ashley and kelly kelly vs trinity and kristal.

sorry its so long but i just had so many ideas some good and some bad.feel free to critisize or whatever you want:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Zip, I take it you only watch WWE programming then? You should really have a look at some other promotions especially TNA and ROH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

My Announce Team : Dave Prazak and Don Callis
    My Creative Team : Jim Cornette and Gabe Sapolsky
    Agents : Finlay, Dean Malenko, Steve Corino
    Talent : (Raw) Michaels, Haas, Super Crazy, Benjamin, Triple H, Edge, Orton, Jericho
    (SD) Benoit, Kendrick, London, Helms, Noble, Mysterio, Hardy, Finlay, Undertaker
    (ECW) Punk, van Dam
    (TNA) Angle, Styles, LAX, Shelley, Christian, Daniels, Williams, Senshi, Abyss, Christian, Joe
    (ROH) Briscoes, Kings of Wrestling, Danielson, Aries, Evans, Whitmer, Richards, Cabana, Delirious, McGuinness
    (Japan) KENTA, Marufuji, Kobashi, Akiyama, CIMA, Takagi, Saito, Dragon Kid

Main Feuds : Punk vs Edge, Benoit vs McGuinness, Danielson vs Angle, Briscoes vs London & Kendrick, Abyss vs Undertaker, Shelley vs Jericho, KENTA vs Mysterio, Triple H vs Kobashi, and Delirious vs anyone will make me happy :)

Advertisement