Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm fob replacement?

Options
  • 11-11-2006 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hi there

I bought a car with a Sikura alarm installed but it came with no keyfobs and the previoous owner didnt have any.

IT did comewith a master on/off key which i tested and it seems to be working,

anyone know of a place that would be a replacement remote and be able to tune/program it into the original alarm?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I know of a place near Tralee, If you're in that area or travelling distance let me know and I'll dig around to find out what it's called

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

in dublin mate, can travel but trallee would be a bit of a treck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Try contacting Sikura Distributors or there is an auto electrican in Saggart (if only I could recall his name just now?) who may be able to help....try Golden Pages.

googleing skiura aint helping me much doh! i will see if i can find that auto sparky in saggart, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

This place might be able to sort you out:

Hi-Way Hi Fi & Alarms

55a Rathgar ave D 6 Dublin

(01)4902138

• Advertisement

Cheers Auto Man,

I will give em a buzz during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah they should have a good idea. They sorted my fobs out.

did it cost much sparky?

what did u get done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Bump!

Looking for a key fob replacement myself. How much did it cost Sparkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well my fob got reprogrammed as for some reason it got deprogrammed while in my pocket.

It was either €15 or €20 if I remember correctly. It was a while back.

I'm not sure how much a fob would cost to replace tbh. I know mine roughly off ebay are €25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

If i knew what mine was like i could get one off ebay! Then bring it to be reprogrammed, but never got one with the car so cant do that

Advertisement