Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up a wireless network using Irish Broadband

• 11-11-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Apologies to anyone who read this in the Broadband board I thought after it would be better on this board.
    I have Irish Broadband Breeze 3MB. I know from a thread over on budget alerts that the ADSL routers aren't really set up to work with it (although perhaps they can be set up to). Are there any routers out there specifically for wireless broadband - they all seem to be ADSL or cable. I asked in Harvey Norman and was told that there aren't any. I don't really believe that because Irish Broadband sell one themselves but you have to sign up to their talk package to get it and it costs €139 then. I'm considering this its a netgear WRG613V. They claim that I can't just buy one of those - they have theirs customised to work for them.

Any ideas? I'm going to try a mates ADSL wireless router to see if I can get it to work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

walshki wrote:
    Apologies to anyone who read this in the Broadband board I thought after it would be better on this board.
    Already answered there.
    they all seem to be ADSL or cable.
    There are two types of routers "adsl routers" that have a built in adsl modem, and "broadband routers" that will work with any sort of broadband, including adsl. The have an ethernet port for the WAN port, so they can plug into anything that has an ethernet interface, including a cable modem, an ADSL modem, or a Wireless broadband "box".

The netgear will work on your wireless connection as a router. No guarantees on how effective your VoIP will be, though.

Advertisement