Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista home basic leaked after RTM how typical of ms

• 11-11-2006 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

seriously who else was expecting this to happen i mean its leaked all through beta so why not a final?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

weeder wrote:
    seriously who else was expecting this to happen i mean its leaked all through beta so why not a final?

You can get a RTM leaked version which includes all flavours of 32bit Vista <snip>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Vista Ultimate is out and the activation is cracked too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

feylya wrote:

Yeah you can fool it into thinking its the beta and use your legit key :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

feylya wrote:

theyre all the same on the dvd side of thing then depending on the serial used it determines the version

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I thought they were just realising the Business package at the moment with the Ultimate one coming later? <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

<snip>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I hope no one is suggesting they have a dodgy copy of vista :eek: !!!

Anyway it's been shipped to the OEM's so lots of places to leak from , just a game of chicken now to see who will be the first to officially release it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It makes sense for them to allow it to be released, means the people who werent gonna buy it ie warex monkeys get to download it and try it , then a major flaw OMG :eek: is found that needs a patch but to get the patch you have to verify your install, they do this on a weekly basis, will warez monkeys be arsed to put in that much effort for a free OS?

But everyone gets to try the full version.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Talking about it being leaked is fine.

But since this forum is about software you actually own , the banning stick is being readied.

Talking about it being leaked is fine.

But since this forum is about software you actually own , the banning stick is being readied.

Oh i dont have it or intend to get it,the Rcs refused to install on my Nforce board. Theres a workaround but its doesnt involve clicking NEXT :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    It makes sense for them to allow it to be released/QUOTE]Don't get me started on the way M$ have more or less stood by and allowed pirates to flood the market to kill the competition.

The main problem with people trying the latest version is that older installs of windows may be upgraded, kinda painting them into a corner unless they decide to pay for a legit version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

A (supposedly) working crack for the activation is out now too, and the Final "Enterprise" version of Office 2007 leaked also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

KdjaCL wrote:
    older installs of windows may be upgraded
    hey dont know much about the workings of pc systems but can upgrade my windows ME with vista when it comes out and will it then be like buying a new pc (able to do stuff i get rejected for coz im a ME not a XP for example)? Thanx 4 the help

KdjaCL wrote:
    It makes sense for them to allow it to be released/QUOTE]Don't get me started on the way M$ have more or less stood by and allowed pirates to flood the market to kill the competition.

But its perfect buisness sense, the y sell to companies and maybe 50% of home users tru OEM pcs between the other 50% you may have some legit owners but mostly warez copies, out of how many copies of XP is that ?

Of course the PR machine will condemn piracy and say MS is working on killing it but an onlline weekly check would kill it right there and then (i worked for them before i know how their serial key system works, its flawless they just dont use it).

Its a win win situation for them.

kdjac

wba88 wrote:
    hey dont know much about the workings of pc systems but can upgrade my windows ME with vista when it comes out and will it then be like buying a new pc (able to do stuff i get rejected for coz im a ME not a XP for example)? Thanx 4 the help

If your PC is running ME BURN IT NOW!!!! I seriosuly doubt it meets the system requirments for Vista.

Job Offer/I have numerous copies of XP that i could sell you and install on your pc :D Cheap rates :)......lol

kdjac

Windows ME ?

somewhere, a cyber-indian sheds a tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

"vista home basic leaked after RTM how typical of ms"

tbh it's the same with every media that is released on a cd/dvd.

as soon as something goes gold it only takes one employee at the cd/dvd pressing plant to sly a copy into their pocket.

If i upgrade to XP, how long will it take? will it wipe my pc? or do anything major i should know about b4 i do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

what is this topic about?
    "its leaked all though beta"
    it was availble as a free download since beta.

yes,the warez monkeys have uploaded their copied,
    along with some compromies keys - im more surprised that someone has posted a key that anything else,
    it will be interesting to see where it came from and how long it will take to shut it down.

wba88 wrote:
    If i upgrade to XP, how long will it take? will it wipe my pc? or do anything major i should know about b4 i do it?
    Can any1 answer these q's as i was hoping to do it 2day if the answers are what i am hoping for.........HELP plz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

wba88 wrote:
    Can any1 answer these q's as i was hoping to do it 2day if the answers are what i am hoping for.........HELP plz
    Create your own thread rather than trying to hijack this one plzkthnxbye.

righto sry bout that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,684 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

KdjaCL wrote:
    Its a win win situation for them

I couldn't agree more

Vista Ultimate final is looking nice BTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

wba88 wrote:
    It could take up to an hour, depending on your hardware. It will wipe whatever drive you have Windows installed on e.g. C: drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Fidelis wrote:
    It could take up to an hour, depending on your hardware. It will wipe whatever drive you have Windows installed on e.g. C: drive.

thats only if you run the install from within your own windows

boot from the dvd and you can install it to any drive or partition, and you wont get that 49% error that a lot of people are getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

mukki wrote:
    thats only if you run the install from within your own windows

I was suggesting that he install XP over his previous OS, instead of having multiple OS's on the computer. If he's asking how to install an OS, he's probably not going to be dual booting :D

I was trying to keep it simple for him :) But yes, boot from DVD. (google is your friend!)

Advertisement