Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos

Options
  • 11-11-2006 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

ordered and paid for a leather suite in August,was told delivery in 2wks
    still waiting for delivery:mad: I phoned them and sent emails numerous times and was told suite was still in China.Rang them again and was told it was on the boat but hadnt left yet.I emailed them rang again and told them 2 wks ago that I would be looking for somesort of compensation for the delay,they said they would only discuss compo when suite is delivered:confused: Suite was to be delivered last week but didnt arrive.I could go on and on but wont bore you all.
    So whats the best course of action now??Should I cancel?I probably should have ages ago.Should I go to small claims court.
    Any advise appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

As someone who is very familiar with Argos Direct, I would say, go back to the store and get a refund. And please dont be nasty to the store staff. They get the consequences of Argos Directs incompetence, and its not fair on them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Nightwish wrote:
    As someone who is very familiar with Argos Direct, I would say, go back to the store and get a refund. And please dont be nasty to the store staff. They get the consequences of Argos Directs incompetence, and its not fair on them either.
    Why would I be nasty to the floor staff?I know its not their fault they arent responsible.But after all the promises of delivery I still feel I should have some apology which I never got for the inconvenience and the hassle of phone calls
    emails etc. I have a right to be annoyed havent I??Will email them again now and no more MR Nice Guy.I will demand action:D :D:D

Advertisement